Ok... The 200T vs 200 comparison!!!!

My Misses works for ford and her new demo is the ST arrives in the next couple of weeks, im thinking about the GT as we need something a little better on fuel for football (season ticket at Chelsea and we live in the midlands)

Any more of your opinion on this car would be fantastic! :wink:

The car is self is a carbon copy of the RS. looks wise and spec.

They have rear drums; however they need no maintenance as they are fully sealed.

Same box as the 200, and gadgets. The only difference really is the performance. Imagine sort of a last gen 1.5 dci economy and running costs, with petrol bite and performance.

I was offered a GT as my demo in Oct, but I want an M3 instead haha

After driving to the dealer in my 265 bhp 300 lbft torque Mazda 3 MPS it felt slow and lacking in torque (as you would expect)!!!!!!! I should have driven our 307 HDi to the dealer instead!

I drove down in my 200 and after stepping back into it for the journey home - it just felt like a 1.6 N/A.

Think E92 M3 is my next car

The car is self is a carbon copy of the RS. looks wise and spec.

They have rear drums; however they need no maintenance as they are fully sealed...

so they NEVER wear out then! dont believe all the marketing bunkum they come out with :innocent: i have never known a rear drum brake set up to adjust correctly!

My test drive is booked for the end of August.

Got pricing from a dealer with a 3.5k deposit for PCP over 3 years is £307/month if anyone is interested. 4 years PCP being £275/month. He said that included servicing also (although didn't include items that wear like tyres, brakes etc just basic service)

That was Clio 200T EDC with RS Monitor V2, Cup chassis and LY paint.

Got pricing from a dealer with a 3.5k deposit for PCP over 3 years is £307/month if anyone is interested. 4 years PCP being £275/month. He said that included servicing also (although didn't include items that wear like tyres, brakes etc just basic service)

That's a hell of a lot of money for not a lot of car in my opinion. 22k could buy you so much more used :/

That's a hell of a lot of money for not a lot of car in my opinion. 22k could buy you so much more used :/

payments are pretty good though.

All new Renault's come with the 4+ package as standard;

- 4 years servicing*
- 4 years warranty
- 4 years roadside assistance

*4 years worth of servicing - i.e. 48,000 miles or 4 years - which ever is the earliest.

payments are pretty good though.

All new Renault's come with the 4+ package as standard;

- 4 years servicing*
- 4 years warranty
- 4 years roadside assistance

*4 years worth of servicing - i.e. 48,000 miles or 4 years - which ever is the earliest.

I won't argue with that, just a lot for a Clio effectively.

Thats not actually that bad a deal tbh.

Definitely one to consider at that price.

What's the final payment?

Last edited:
4 years routine service at cost prices is not that much. Remember it's not for wear and tear parts which tend to cost more than an oil and filter.

Road side assistance, what maybe £30 per year?

It's a good deal but I wouldn't hold the 4+4 thing as a deal maker.

I'd rather the car itself be in the Fiesta price bracket to start with.

Price isn't any different from a good spec 200 new? People paid good money for the likes of a raider or a hi spec AG/LY.

And this is a lot more car in terms of technology.

22k? That's expensive, you can get a new gtc vxr with the aero kit for 23k and you can get 0% finance though Vauxhall and that's not a cheap car

What's the final payment?

I'm unsure mate - I was just looking for something that met the needs as we are looking at another house. In 3 years time I would have just got rid and went for something else if I'm honest.

I'm still looking at other motors e.g. the BRZ and the new A class AMG and the CLA Class AMG all on the same type of PCP deal. means I can keep the 350z for a track toy and turn up to customers sites looking respectable hah

Is there any sign of Renault repeating the 200 Cup £999 down and £199 pcm again? Do you think if they fail to ship as many as expected they might reintroduce a similiar deal to bump sale figures?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1