oil leak

ive got oil round the plugs looks like its coming from the bolts on the rocker cover/cam housing cover is there a torque wrench setting for the bolts think there 10mm with a 6mm thread , think thats were its coming from was going to clean it up and put some silicon round them will that cure it , thanks

ive got oil round the plugs looks like its coming from the bolts on the rocker cover/cam housing cover is there a torque wrench setting for the bolts think there 10mm with a 6mm thread , think thats were its coming from was going to clean it up and put some silicon round them will that cure it , thanks

yeah that'll cure it,quite a common fault mate

is there a torque setting or do you just tighten them up as normal , thanks

sorry mate not sure of the torque setting but if you've got a torque rench you'll be able to get a rough idea what the bolt needs to be set at by setting the torque rench low and gradually increasing the torque slightly until the bolt tightens

Those bolts are meant to be 12Nm, I sealed mine when they started leaking and been fine ever since

some of the bolts have a different torque compared to others....on the cover...well at least in the manual they do!

bit of sealer and nip em up they arent big bolts

Last edited:
Is that really all it takes to fix this? When my rocker cover was leaking, Renault had my car in for nearly two weeks?!?!?!

The 12Nm is for the 2 bolts near the coilpack on the far drivers side of the engine, I think these are always the culprit bolts?

I believe he's referring to the bolts as in this photo. The one above where the arrow is pointing to

photo17.jpg