Oil Catch Tanks

Yiannis197

Paid Member
ok, so is it worth it? Has anybody used one of these? Obviously I understand that there are loads of products out there, some just...errrr...empty tanks and tubing and some other - more expensive - with some kind of baffles/filtering equipment inside so as to condense the oil fumes and therefore do the job properly.

The principle is that you don't want oil going back to the induction and therefore it seems to be money well spent but I haven't seen anyone using it in here so...any opinions?

Last edited:
To be fair I can't see u needing this. A standard engine should be fine?!

Well yes a STD engine is fine indeed, I was only inquiring the benefits of such product. From what I read (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) in an engine the oil fumes are funneled from the PCV valve to the air intake. Subsequently the vapor that doesn't condense on its walls ends up in the cylinders to be burned away alongside with air and fuel therefore lowering the octane of petrol and leaving deposits on the internals of the engine in the long run.

So I was wondering if such a relatively cheap product is a good treat for the engine?

Last edited: