Oh dear....

Now I am probably going to get a ribbing for this.

Ever since I brought 197 in sept 2011, i have always had a soft spot for the Honda Civic Type r (FN2).

I have always liked the interior and the styling. For some reason, i did not fully look into one before i brought the clio. I suspect i partly feel this way due to the way a certain dealership has treated me (and probably quite a few customers).

Also the in-pending gearbox problem that will rear its head sooner or later..

The current clio is on HP via black horse...

And i have thought about seeing what the trade in would be on the clio for an FN2 with the same reg and mileage etc.

Only a few things stop this really. Im not sure how to proceed (And if i should) about asking a dealer for a trade in and looking into a FN.

If, changing cars on HP will adversely effect my credit rating. And if i could get HP just after i have always applied for HP with the Clio.

:001_unsure:

You'll probably get hammered on your trade in price, so will end up owing quite a bit more on the finance for a car of the same value. Just bear that in mind before going ahead!

Yeah, you'll get done on part-ex value. Go private if possible/if you have the patience.

Those Civics are hot too. :smile:

Unless you can raise the cash to pay the finance off first, you could then sell/buy private.

I don't know what your car is (age etc) but I know my 2007 57 plate would only achieve about £5k as a trade in. The Civic is going to be what £8k? Theres an extra £3k going on your finance which is straight in the dealers sky rocket

The CTRs are really nice, I looked into them myself when buying the 197, albeit only briefly.

As has already been said, they're bad on insurance and also the fuel costs will be higher than the 197 believe it or not.

I had a pro/con list for the 197 and CTR which was near equal. The CTRs have an LSD but no Brembos. The CTR has THAT engine/gearbox combination but awkward seats and rape insurance. Servicing costs are similar although the CTR has a chain engine rather than a belt engine so there's more life before ''The Big One'' is due. The reason I went for the 197 in the end was because as nice as the Type-R is, it's not a Clio, there's just something about a hot Clio that I've always liked...

If Renault and Honda would worked together, think how good the resulting hot hatch could be!!!

LSD
Recaros
Brembos
VTEC YO!
Honda Gearbox
Renaultsport Chassis

Christ, I think Ford, Vauxhall et al would most likely just give up at that point. :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ed Hall Clio 197 Area 6
N General Chat 4
sevenfourate Clio General Chat 12
Giles eBay Finds 7
Giles eBay Finds 2