Oh dear ;o)

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
LOL, I fell in love with a Red Twingo Cup thing earlier!!!

I was in the black clio we have (1,4L Mk2 ) when one past us, and I was awed at just being in it's presence

I want one :smile: :001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

However, I do prefer the Fiesta ST to the Twingo, but only just.

Nathan (other best mate) has a Fiesta ST, and I am on the insurance on it. Such a nice car to drive that one :smile:

I think I want to try a Twingo out though

Don't do it don't test drive one that's what happened with me and the 200.... Although I'm 99% gonna keep the 197 it sows the seed of doubt ...

NOOO Stop!!!

Otherwise i will go out and buy one to keep alongside the Clio lol!

The Twingo will be a fairly substantial step down performance wise and quality wise. We had a 133 Twingo for just over a year:

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

Was a superb car, but like I said. You'd miss the performance the 197 has over it.

Would NEVER get rid of the 197, but I tell you what I'd have any day over the twingo, and I KNOW I'll get heavily criticised for this - a Fiesta ST.

One of the best friends has got one now, and I love it, absolutely love it (as said above)

But the 197 rules the roost!!

Would NEVER get rid of the 197, but I tell you what I'd have any day over the twingo, and I KNOW I'll get heavily criticised for this - a Fiesta ST.

One of the best friends has got one now, and I love it, absolutely love it (as said above)

But the 197 rules the roost!!

I detest the ST in almost every way. I was gonna buy one (A good few years ago now) but was bitterly disappointed with almost every bit of it.

Interior was gash, wasnt particularly fast for a 2.0L, drunk more petrol than an F1 car.

But hey ho!

I detest the ST in almost every way. I was gonna buy one (A good few years ago now) but was bitterly disappointed with almost every bit of it.

Interior was gash, wasnt particularly fast for a 2.0L, drunk more petrol than an F1 car.

But hey ho!

LOL, I know what you mean, power aside, I really love everything about it, but not the stripes over the top :smile:

I test drove 3 NA hot hatches (Civic, Clio and Fester) and the Clio was head, shoulders and most other body parts above the other 2. The ST just felt so slow, but it is very tuneable, unlike the Clio. Seen them pushing out around 215bhp, still NA and that's a 65bhp increase.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ed Hall Clio 197 Area 6
N General Chat 4
sevenfourate Clio General Chat 12
Giles eBay Finds 7
Giles eBay Finds 2