Now it gets serious....(update)

Decision made BMW 330d goes up for sale this weekend. Family car that was now rarely driven cause I always got into Clio first. Wife and daughter have their own cars so its history.

I'm sure the wife will have some say about where the money from the BM should be spent but I'll keep some behind for the one thing that ulitmately lets the clio down....not enough real grunt....so now it gets serious!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah r26 conversion is okay, but for me it's all about the nos :tongueout:

No turbo lag, super smooth power delivery and 100% adjustability of where and when you want what % of power, be it 1000rpm, 7500rpm or everything in between.

270bhp without forged pistons and stud kit, or 320bhp with :wink:

^^^only a week ago you were banging on about how good the megane was and u were gonna trade?! Lol :tongueout:

As a complete package the 250 is a steam train but we're talking about a 225 lump in the 197. It's a great setup but I prefere the STD motor specced up to the lazy charger.

The R26 conversion is the obvious choice but thinking outside the box a 2.3l performance crate enginge from Cosworth running 280bhp N/A would be absolutely mental. High power and still retaining the high revs.

http://www.part-box.com/product_info.php?products_id=20001

Just don't show your wife the price tho.:thumbup:

lets not forget all the fab work to get a YB engine to fit.

cheaper and easier to ITB the existing engine with the full works surely!?!?!

As for the R26 conversion. A good choice. I already have my full engine sitting in my garage waiting for the right time!

Tbh it would be a really cool car if this was carried out. I like everything else youve done Litch so i would say go for it, you only live once.