Non warrenty recaro repair

Hi,
Guess what?...........................
The drivers bolster has worn away from hitting it getting in. Material has split and worn away approx an inch by 2. Want to get repaired as cheaply as possible. So, any ideas?
Cheers
Stu

Hi,
Guess what?...........................
The drivers bolster has worn away from hitting it getting in. Material has split and worn away approx an inch by 2. Want to get repaired as cheaply as possible. So, any ideas?
Cheers
Stu

i know this isnt the same... but my mum got a chair in her living room repaired after it had been ripped through wear and tear. I think it cost something in the region of 80quid. But you would not know it was ever damaged. The fabric was just pulled together and stiched incredible neatly with extremly small thread i assume. Id maybe get the yellow pages out and have a flick through to see if you can find upholstery reapirers and get a quote.

Thats what il most likely do when mine rips again.. its f**king annoyin cause it looks rubbish with a rip but i got mine fixed under warranty. although the passenger side is showing the strain. i do my best to lift myself out of the car and avoid it,

While on the topic anybody hazard a guess at how much it would cost to get the seats half leather?? thats an idea, cant see it being too expensive. iv said before on other threads why did they not come in half leather like the vxr.. speaking of vxr's i was in one before my 197 and they look tacky as anything inside

I've had a quote of £400 to have the front seats done in half leather and reuse the centre fabric.

Think it's what I'll get done when they are starting to show signs of wear.
Quite like the standard fabric in the middle of the seats.
Plus means I can get away with just doing the fronts and won't look out of place.

4oo quid isnt too bad. Going to try to see if a car seat repairer could just replace the torn part of the bolster. Its only a small section