Noisy Air/Con

Yiannis197

Paid Member
As per title, my air/con has started making a weird metalic noise when it's on, it still works properly no problems at all. Any ideas? Anyone who experienced something similar?

Thanks a lot.

compressors are known to fail !!!

if you switch it off and it stops then its mostly that - be careful as if it seizes it can throw the belt off or it can go in to the timing belt....

Mine is quite noisy as well; you can definitely hear it when it's on! It seems to be quieter after the first 10-15 seconds though.

compressors are known to fail !!!

if you switch it off and it stops then its mostly that - be careful as if it seizes it can throw the belt off or it can go in to the timing belt....

Foxpeed is here to save the day again! Thanks for that mate, I wasn't expecting it could be that bad, I'll book it in asap. Thankfully I've got extended warranty..

it could also be low on gas but usually if it is its not cold and the pressure sensor should switch the system off to prevent compressor damage...

Noticed mine making a funny sound when I'm lower in the revs and slowly climb. It sounds like a quiet generator if that helps?