Noise's on my 200 - FIXED!!

They all make the noise, you are always going to get people who say they cant here the noise but its there.

Did not manage to get you a video but I managed to recreate that noise again and again, I will eat my hat if the dealer finds something to fix.

to be 100% honest, i'm not fully expecting them to find something, but there is no harm in them looking... I know a few people with 197's and having been out in their cars and none of them can re create this.

Booked in for Thursday, so will report back.

Well i'm happy to say the vibration noise above 6,000 has been fixed.

Big props to Jaybee's in Banbury, bought the car there just 3 weeks ago and they have now fixed this in under a day. They didn't have a courtesy car available, so Nick gave me his personal work car, which was a top of the range Renault Wind with heated leather. Can't beat that for service.

I've only done 25miles on the way home, but was sure to take it to the beep and listen for any vibration.. but I couldn't hear any :smile: Lets hope it stays that way.

Apparently the cause of the problem was air con pipes vibrating against the bulk head... just in case anyone else is having the same problem.

I still have the noise on lift off above 6,000rpm but have since found out this is normal and there are loads of threads on the RS forums about it. Its the secondary air inlet or something!

I'm a happy bunny... for now :wink: Thanks for the help guys.

I'm confused, going from the OP I thought you were talking about the rattle over 6k rpm but you seem to have had something else fixed, did you have two problem noises then?

:blink:

Edit: just noticed you changed your OP, you did not make it clear before you had two separate noise problems, just for clarification I was referring to the noise in your 2nd video you posted (funny rattle over 6k rpm)

Anyways glad you got the other problem sorted :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm confused, going from the OP I thought you were talking about the rattle over 6k rpm but you seem to have had something else fixed, did you have two problem noises then?

:blink:

The OP states 2 problems mate. the one i got fixed (the resonating / vibration) above 4-6,000rpm, which can be heard in my first video.

I also described the second noise which is the one you are talking about I think which turned out to be normal... when lifting off at over 6,000rpm that 'grating' noise. Which is the air intake.

mitch - i'm not 100% sure as they didn't say, but i'd imagine they were under the bonnet.

Edit: just noticed you changed your OP, you did not make it clear before you had two separate noise problems, just for clarification I was referring to the noise in your 2nd and 3rd video you posted.

I didn't change anything mate, the post has been like that from day 1, The edit date was because i changed the thread title. Thanks for the help though. :smile:

Good news that you have it sorted out mate! Must make life a bit more bearable now lol!