Noise help // please read

A2ON

Platinum Member
Right have to get to the bottom of this asap it's worrieing me

ever since the coilovers have been fitted in the morning when I pull away bit for wards and back wards I get few thuds like duh duh duh duh it's in a set patern sound deep am I can feel it through the car . It must be something going round with the wheels as the pattern is regular if you pull of slow the noise is less frequent faster it's faster

The Boise only ever lasts got about four seconds the. It's gone again if I pull up at traffic lights and pull away it's gone again it's not there it's only when the car has been left . For example I came home from work parked up left it two hours went out it did it pulling out the drive but all the way home it had been fine

There is no nose when driving only pullih away for a few seconds once it's been left .

Could it be rust on the brake discs ? Driveshaft or would that do it from lights etc the rust thing would make sense as after a few secs it's gone ??

I hope someone has had this before and can help

Cheers guys - a very p155ed 197 owner !!!

Do you get vibration at speed ?

It could be the rear brake discs. Try pulling the hand brake up a couple of clicks when you set off and car hear too see if the noise changed or can be felt from the rear wheels.

Last edited:
No vibration at speed but will try the handbrake thin the rear discs are a little roped pad marks black staining etc being changed underwarreny on the 16/04/10

is this the most likley cause do u think ? I'm worried as it feels like it's more the front ???but I may be wrong

I get this too mate, assumed it front brakes and before you turn a corner its a constant noise but as soon as you turn the inside wheel moves abit less and thus the rusted area of the two discs isnt lined up anymore. The noise increases as if two thuds from each side of the vehicle.

If you get me???

That's it yeh .... I've only just had new Renault discs and pads ?????

Thanks for the help ..., y they rust if there new 3 weeks old max ?

I though if you had vibration at speed you had maybe warped them on track.

How old is the car ? you should really strip the Brembo's and rears down for a clean and re-fit the pads.

When I left them alone on my old 197 I changed my fronts at 22k (didn't need changed but wanted DS2500) 3/4 of the compound of the inside pad literally fell apart.

Last edited:
Discs rust mate its what they do, probaly just the damp weather.

Its only surface rust anyway, if you leave your handbrake on for a week in wet weather it actually rusts on and you cant move the car unless you literally launch it lol.

Discs rust mate its what they do, probaly just the damp weather.

Its only surface rust anyway, if you leave your handbrake on for a week in wet weather it actually rusts on and you cant move the car unless you literally launch it lol.

I always reverse to unstick mine in the morning and if it's lying for any length of time it gets left in gear without the handbrake :wink:

Nice one guys thanks for that

both absaloute legends !!!!!

IOU bacon rollage at the next meet/trackday

thank u once again

Classic case of the pads seizing, foxspeed should be along soon to tell you more.

But it would help if you striped, cleaned and copper slipped the pads.

Glad it seems to be sorted!

But I would blame it on your coilovers. I think you need to sell them...

...To me lol :-p

F1 they will never get sold although I have to admit when the noise started I though ahhh bloody coilovers !!!

Woody no mate it's all the time .