no rear speakers!!?

having fitted my alpine headunit today, rear speakers appear not to be working after spending an hour faffing with wires and settings it actually appears i have no rear speakers, any ideas on size to buy? any special fitting instructions?
on another note cant actually believe they didnt fit any in fist place!
:'(

They fit the rear speakers in the 200 but don't wire them up (Well the wires are there and plugged into the speakers but are not attached to the loom on the other end) which is stupid!

197 standard cd/radio only has front speakers

197 with up rated audio cd/radio does have rear speakers

mine didnt have any - i just fitted some - an easy job :foxspeed:

They fit the rear speakers in the 200 but don't wire them up (Well the wires are there and plugged into the speakers but are not attached to the loom on the other end) which is stupid!

My 200 rear speakers definitely work. Just yours by the sounds of it...

My 200 rear speakers definitely work. Just yours by the sounds of it...

Does your car have the uprated stereo? That could be why yours work and mine don't.

I'm not sure where the "Just yours" statement came from but there are only two opinions in this thread with regards to the 200, yours and mine, and they both may be valid...

Last edited:
foxspeed will i need to wire them at the headunit end?

nope i didnt on mine - you just have to adjust the cd speaker balance etc to alter the sound - wires were there - just buy new speakers fit wires and fit the grills back - job done :clap:

thanks for replies, just like to say had my 197 few days now, totally different car to my fez St no comparison love it!

Does your car have the uprated stereo? That could be why yours work and mine don't.

Yeah I have the uprated stereo.

I just assumed the frenchman in charge of plugging stuff into the head unit had forgotten to do his job properly!

Now that is a boggle! Tested the cabling?

No I haven't but I did find an extra plug with four wires so I'm wondering if a model of the uprated OEM unit has an extra space to plug in rear speakers.

It doesn't bother me too much anyway as I'm with the "I don't want the sound to come from behind me" crowd.

Last edited: