No mods

The cambelt is standard anyway, the gains only cost the difference between a cambelt service and the price shown (which isnt a lot of difference at all)

panel filters dont do anything. most of the other stuff is pointless imho too. as i said i spent thousands modding before but that was a turbo car where gains could be had, the biggest problem with searching for power gains is that it will never stop! i ended up with an additional intercooler, ITG magogen, turbo back exhaust, upgraded fuel pump, cold plugs and i still wanted more power! you get to a point when you think this is rediculous! i have the up most respect for the people going to the lengths to tune the NA cars but it makes me wonder when you get to a certain spent why for 10bhp?! I would love to drop a meg 265 engine in mine to be honest but i think its a good idea to keep it standard if your still in warranty. The main reason i bough the car new was that i could have 3 years of worry free motoring.

Had my car from new and not changed a single thing mechanically. I like to keep things as OEM as possible right down to the same tyres it rolled out the factory on lol but that's getting harder.

I did want to get some H&R springs but dont think I will bother.

If you'd have asked this time last week i could have said totally standard.

But today i've drilled holes in her for a cup spoiler.

Not_scared006.jpg

I'm not scared, holes taped up until spoiler painted tomorrow.

Not_scared007.jpg

And some carbon detail.

Not_scared010.jpg

Side skirts tomorrow along with the splitter, more carbon and then i have a V6 airbox and varley red top battery but might wait and have the throttle body machined out and fit in one hit.

Then it's two ultra racing bars, upper rear and lower front, vibra technics mounts (have ready to fit) and then i fancy a 330mm brake kit and a front upper brace.

I was going to leave it standard, honest.

I'll change the air filter for foam when its first service in my ownership comes up, but only because I resent paying for a disposable paper one every 12k.

Apart from that, my plans are to keep this one 100% standard.

I'm hoping once I've built confidence on track I don't find the brakes lacking...if so, I may change lines and pads.

I did loads of mods to my 172 Cup so if I want to be a hooligan I can just jump in that :smiley:

To me that ain't far from standard it's only the looks you've changed nothing to get extra bhp:thumbsup:

£1300 + vat

That's more expensive than Ktec's right? I think Ktec's package costs around the same but VAT included.

The cambelt is standard anyway, the gains only cost the difference between a cambelt service and the price shown (which isnt a lot of difference at all)

Well this part needs a bit of clarification. You see, when I first read about that package I was like WOW that's a bargain! But it seems that it's not that much of a bargain after all.

According to Ktec and TDF the package ONLY includes the timing belt (please correct me if I'm wrong). What about the water pump, auxiliary belt & tensioners (you'd have to change those bits at the same time)? Plus the 5th annual service on top? So technically for the 5th service and the upgrade you end up paying nearly 2k! Which is a lot of money IMO.

So basically you should NOT deduct the cambelt service from the upgrade package but only the timing belt replacement, and after you do that you end up with a quite big figure...

My respect to the tuners and those who decide to go for it, but does it really worth it for 15-20 bhp??? IMO of course:smile:

Btw, no mods yet and I own her more than a year, only HIDs and 200 clocks:smile:

Last edited:
Bought standard and is staying standard. Like someone else said on here, even the tyres are the standard ones. Renault spent £millions getting this car right, so why would I change it? Full respect to those that mod theirs, and I have seen some lovely clios on here and would really like them too. Spending money on tuition will give more performance gains than the mods IMHO.

I have huge fun in my car and am old enough not to drive it like I stole it all the time.

PS. Does the steering wheel trim and rear speakers count?

Bought standard and is staying standard. Like someone else said on here, even the tyres are the standard ones. Renault spent £millions getting this car right, so why would I change it? Full respect to those that mod theirs, and I have seen some lovely clios on here and would really like them too. Spending money on tuition will give more performance gains than the mods IMHO.

I have huge fun in my car and am old enough not to drive it like I stole it all the time.

PS. Does the steering wheel trim and rear speakers count?

Lol no they don't
Nicely put about the driving bit never thought of that

Similar Thread Suggestions