Newbie with a couple of questions

Hi all,

I have owned my F1 197 for a couple weeks now and am loving it.

I just have a couple of questions and wondered if other owners had experienced similar probs.

First, when car is cold it feels really lumpy, pulling away it feels like its running on 3 cylinders until the engine is warm (only takes a mile). I dont give it many revs until the car is warmed up but I would expect to be able to drive the car as normal without bunny hopping up the road! I'm running it on V power or tesco 99 so its not fuel related. I've had Imprezas for 10 years so I am used to warming up and cooling down.

Second, when changing down through the gears on a "spirited" drive I find that I occasionally "crunch" from 5th to 4th and 4th to 3rd . I'm pressing the clutch down to the floor and often double dip the clutch but still the gears crunch. Sometimes I have to change back up before trying again. Car is still under warranty so I could ask Renault to take a look but they will probably just consider as wear and tear.

Car had one lady owner from new and has only done 19,000 miles and looks like its had an easy life without track use etc.

Would appreciate any advice.

Tanks

Stuart

PS - Big thanks to Mark for sorting out the front splitter.
PPS - Picture of my new toy..!! (minus the front splitter).

IMG00083-20100602-1309.jpg
[/IMG]

welcome to the site. The cold start issue can be improved with a dealer ECU map. The gearbox/clutch issue should also be covered. Nice car by the way :smile:

Hmm, interesting, mine is also lumpy in the morning, but is well out of warranty now. Does the revised map make much difference? I suspect the local dealer will want to charge me an hours labour just to plug the machine in.

most of them suffer from kangerooing,some say that it can be fixed some say it cant.try turning tracktion control off for couple of mins when cold works for me:thumbup1:
:welcome: by the way

Welcome to the site and nice car! Get some pics of the splitter up when you can! I took my car to Renault Wolverhampton yesterday and they told me there is nothing they can do with the kangerooing, it is a characteristic of the car when it is cold. Apparently all the Renault Sport Clio's have suffered with it, the 172, 182, 197 and the 200. As you say it goes after the car is warm. The gearbox has been talked about quite frequently on here and some have had a rebuild by Renault, others have had new boxes. Renault don't seem to have a definitive answer as to what to do. So I would book it in and see what they say whilst it's still under warrenty. It's free, so why not!

:welcome: Along!
As the above. Its all been mentioned previously in numerous posts. Do a wee bit of searching, you wont fail :smile:

The cold start is the same on every one mate, including my mates brand new 200 so it's nothing to worry about. I think there's something fitted to the car so it can't be revved like crazy when cold.
Welcome to the site anyway :smile:

The cold running /kangarooing is fixable ,as is the gearbox ,had both mine done under w'tee at Renault.New box and a re flash /patch on the ECU.

Hi guys thanks for all the replies. So the general concensus is live with the kangerooing and maybe investigate the gearbox issue under warranty but I suppose that whilst its in they can look at the ECU.

Cool, never had warranty work carried out on a car before so do I just chat to my local dealer?

Stu

yes mate take in your list see what they will or wont do but dont let them bull crap you cause a lot of them are:whatever:

:welcome: to the site!

Looks like most the questions have been answered for you :smile::smile:

Where abouts in Kent are you?

I just ring them up and book it in with the list of things. If they won't do anything then you can either argue until they do, accept it or take it to another stealer! Lol!

Booked in with the dealer for week today so fingers crossed.
Thanks for all the help, will keep you posted on what happens.

Mike - West Malling mate, near Maidstone.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
R Clio General Chat 10