Couple of newbie questions advice appreciated!

Hi all

I'm thinking of going to look at this car as its very local to me and ticks most of my boxes. Anyone on the off chance recognise the plate or recognise the car?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../postcode/wa45et/page/6/radius/1500?logcode=p

However, I personally really dislike the cup spoiler and was wondering if it can easily be removed without trace?

The same thing with the side skirts really...can they be taken off?

Also if I can get them off what do u think they're worth?

Cup spoiler you need to fill 4 holes if it's been screw on
If its been bonded I don't know
Worth £100

Side skirts come of with just screwed on
Worth £50 to me:smile::smile::smile:

Cup spoiler you need to fill 4 holes if it's been screw on
If its been bonded I don't know
Worth £100

Side skirts come of with just screwed on
Worth £50 to me:smile::smile::smile:

That sounds a bit of shame, so would it just be a case of filling the holes and then sanding down and respraying the little spoiler section at the back of the roof? Estimated cost?

Are the screw holes for the skirts visable on the painted panel?

you may be able to get away with some small rubber gromit/bungs for the roof spoiler. As a short term fix at least.

Otherwise maybe see if you can pick up a replacement boot lid off ebay or something.

I am in the same boat as you tho, think the cup spoiler is a bit....... gash! :smile:

you may be able to get away with some small rubber gromit/bungs for the roof spoiler. As a short term fix at least.

Otherwise maybe see if you can pick up a replacement boot lid off ebay or something.

I am in the same boat as you tho, think the cup spoiler is a bit....... gash! :smile:

Lol gash indeed, will go and have a look next week
and see what's what.

The spoilers are marmite you either love them or hate them personally I loooove them
Let me know if you want rid of the side skirts and I'm sure we can work out a price:smile:

The spoiler and the side skirts will leave holes. You need to drill a hole in the side of the skirt so the fin at the end fixes to the car. I tried to bond some but returned them when I was told I would need to drill the skirts.

Just had a look at the listing and I'm sure I recognise the car with that number plate. Dont know her but used to see this car quite a bit in Chesterfield, looked tidy was always clean and she always waved. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I personally wouldnt worry mate, very minor things. If its a good runner with fsh and good price id go for it. Dont fret about details like the skirts or spoiler.