Newbie Questions

Hi guys,

wanted to pick some brains.
I bought a Full Fat 200 last year, love the car but i feel the ride could benefit from being a touch more 'racing'.

How can this be achieved without bankrupting myself?

Can you just fit stiffer/lower springs to the standard suspension?

Or am i missing something? I have no idea when it comes to suspension unfortunately.

You can fit aftermarket springs to the Cup suspension shocks. Its certainly the cheaper option (Think its around £180-£200 for the springs) but it is a compromise.

Coilovers are the way to go to transform the suspension setup. Different manufacturers have different stiffness' and height adjustment and its defo the way to go. I had H&R coilovers fitted to my 200 a month ago (ish) and it cost £900 (ish) for the coilovers.

Prices do range from £800-£1900.

So coilovers are really springs and dampers in one package ready to fit?

If i was to get some decent coilovers and they reduced the ride height (loving some of the aggressive looks people have achived) would i need to take my car in to have the wheels re-balanced or something similar?

So coilovers are really springs and dampers in one package ready to fit?

If i was to get some decent coilovers and they reduced the ride height (loving some of the aggressive looks people have achived) would i need to take my car in to have the wheels re-balanced or something similar?

Yup. Coilovers are new springs and dampers which are designed from the beginning to work in conjunction with each other.

When you get them fitted you will have to have the geometry setup. A lot of places will include this in the fitting but you should check first. Its not advisable to just fit them, set the height to your preffered height and leave it.

I'd go for h&r lowering springs and a Clio cup racer front ARB for budget spec, the lot will cost you under £400 and work well.

Otherwise kw v1s if you can stretch the extra £200.