Newbie with must have mods, remap, filter and spark plug questions

Hi guys

Whats a remap like for a 197? Ive enquired at rstuning in leeds n was told to expect around 5hp peak improvement. It just seems a lot of money for not much gain, would a cat back exhaust system like miltek be a better option or no good on it own?

And Just wondering if it is worth getting a replacement panel filter (k and n, Itg or similar) without any other mods on the car. I have read that they can increase mpg slightly and improve cold start kangaroo issues, is this true?

Basically im looking for what "must have" mods i should look into and obviously the cheaper the better lol!

Also i am wondering wether to change spark plugs for some decent fresh ones as i dont think it has ever had any and the car is at 48000 miles. Will it beed some?

Any help appreciated guys

Cheers

Not a clio RS owner but don't expect big gains on a N/A engine with just exhaust, filter and remap. The remap will smooth out the power band end eliminate/reduce any flat-spots throughout.

Don't let this fool you into being worthless as it can make a big difference in how the power is delivered regardless of small gains, if you are after large amounts of power I imagine throttle bodies are the best option along with the above mods :wink:

As for the spark plugs or any servicing info others on here will be able to help more :smile:

Cheers buddy i may look into a remap then, do u reckon this would need to be coupled with a new exhaust or would it be a decent option on its own?

A remap on a stock 197. Makes a massive difference. Trust me. Rev range is smoothed out and there's a lot more punch lower down.

Ive had a cat back and panel filter possibly looking into a remap soon. The exhaust on a 197 sounds awesome ive heard the remap makes it quicker Throughout the rev range and smooths it out as the others said the spark plugs should have been changed at 36k thats when i got mine done

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4