new owner, couple of questions!

hi all, i've recently purchased a 2007 black 197 and so far so good, really enjoying it. can someone confirm how i can tell if its got the early or later gearbox? as i believe 2007 was when they made the change? also i think cup suspension was an optional extra, i wondered if this could be checked by measuring the ride height?

Welcome!

You will most likely have the first version of the gear box as that's the version i have and i own a 57 plate. As for your suspension do you have red, silver or dodgy painted calipers?

Welcome!

You will most likely have the first version of the gear box as that's the version i have and i own a 57 plate. As for your suspension do you have red, silver or dodgy painted calipers?

thanks for the welcome. i did think this about the box but the engine speed is 3600rpm at 70mph and ive heard some sit at 4000rpm? the calipers are silver so its not an r27 or cup but i wondered if the original ownwer may have opted for the cup suspension pack. if this was even an option like it was on the clio 2?

Yes it was a option to have the cup pack but I'm sure it would have had red calippers also.May of just had it lowered:thumbsup:

Yes it was a option to have the cup pack but I'm sure it would have had red calippers also.May of just had it lowered:thumbsup:

Ah ok, so if cup dampers/springs were chosen on the standard 197 it also came with the red painted calipers from the cup?

I think it has standard shocks and springs if i'm honest as the ride is suprisingly good. Beats the slammed R5 turbo i've just let go of anyway!

:welcome: along.

Yes the cup option came as a pack, it was the lower/stiffer suspension and the red calipers and, i belive darker wheels.

Yep if it has the cup pack it will have red brembos and anthracite wheels as opposed to silver for both on the non cup packed car.

Welcome to the site.

Cup chassis on a sport was available on a 57 plate somewhere around october/november time iirc