New member from Dorset

Hey guys, just joined up, been on Cliosport for a while, but my 182 Cup gave out on me, so here I am with an '08 Ultra Red 197 with Cup suspension and Recaros and a brand new subscription to Clio197.net!

Big thanks to Jase@clio197.net for helping me out with some issues. And looking forward to making friends and meeting up with some of you in the south.

Last edited:
Haha sounds about right! Don't look at peoples Ultra Red project threads too much otherwise the wallet will come out!!- trust me :wink:

Welcome Mr Rossi, and thanks for the PM. That is indeed my old car!

Anything you want to know about the old girl, ask away. I'll probably drop in on this place as they're a good bunch on here (most one-make sites are a bit rubbish and full of overly-defensive types, but they're a knowledgable and open minded crowd on here :smile: )

Welcome Mr Rossi, and thanks for the PM. That is indeed my old car!

Anything you want to know about the old girl, ask away. I'll probably drop in on this place as they're a good bunch on here (most one-make sites are a bit rubbish and full of overly-defensive types, but they're a knowledgable and open minded crowd on here :smile: )

Thanks Swervin' she's in lovely condition. Just had her machine polished and Supagard'd. I had a 182 Cup which died (dropped a valve) so a 197/200 seemed a logical step. Completely different animal to the 182. Fit and finish is miles ahead. Good looking too.... I always look back at it and think how nice it looks.

Cup chassis is very stiffly sprung compared to my 182, jiggles and wobbles along at sedate speeds, but is much more with you when the tempo rises (no doubt down to the stiffer shell too) physically feels much bigger, more like you're "in" it rather than "on" it if that makes sense.

Engine needs to be wound up to get it to go!!!! Not too much of a hardship though completely flat up to 3k though.... Might get a remap and cat delete pipe to solve this.

I agree completely with you on the fact you have to be travelling a fair bit quicker than is comfortable to get the same visceral thrill as I used to in my 182.

But it's an amazing car, feels very together and composed, almost like limited edition tarmac special. Seemingly endless front end grip, adjustable rear end that feels well controlled and not about to dominate the experience....!

Have you had any gearbox issues?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
Kojack New Members 20
D New Members 5