New member, advice needed!

Hi everyone, I am new here and know only the bare minimum about performance modifications so please be kind :smile:.

Basically I've had my 197 cup for about a year and a half and im looking to make some performance upgrades, nothing too ambitious though. I have a budget of around £600-£650 so would just like some recommendations as to what the best options are for this price range.
Particularly leaning more towards power gains rather than handling and I've been looking at the remap that K-tec do, along with either a Milltek or Janspeed exhaust system. Anyone have a rough idea of what sort of gains this would give? From what i've read it seems that you can't do an awful lot with N/A engines in this area without spending crazy money so im not expecting much.
Also I would like K-tec to do it purely because they seem to be highly recommended here but I live in Manchester, so is it worth the drive down there or are there any more local companies anyone could recommend?
Sorry for the essay, cheers!

You'd be better off going with RStuning. Which are in Leeds. There is a group buy going around for paid members at the moment, you might still be able to opt in.

That way you can just buy whichever exhaust you want and get RST to do the map for you. I'd probably look at a panel filter as well. It's a lot bloody closer than K-Tec lol

Hi Carl, welcome! :smile:

Whereabouts in Manchester are you from?

K-Tec do indeed have a good reputation but RSTuning in Leeds have at least as good reputation and are obviously a lot closer to home. You won't see massive gains with a Remap, but it's a worthwhile modification, especially if you have other bits to put on too. I'd advise you to get a better panel filter than standard, something like an ITG an try and grab a secondhand exhaust which will leave you just about enough for a Remap too and give you more BHP for your budget. Exhausts often pop up on here for sale in the classifieds so have a look in there.

It depends how far you want to go mate, these aren't easy or cheap cars to modify. But it can be done, of course, just decide how far you want to go before you start spending.

:welcome:mate you have come to the right place for the advice you need:thumbup1:

I'm from Salford so Leeds does sound like it will be a lot easier on the petrol ha. Looks like I'll give RSTuning a ring then and see if I can get a quote.
I did breifly consider going down the supercharged route but I've heard it can be risky and I don't think my wallet could cope with the cost of a mangled gearbox amongst other things if it all goes t**s up after a few thousand miles. Cheers for the help anyway mate!

:welcome: to the site pal! Completely agree with Willis, however you may just be able to get a new exhaust and remap within your budget but at a squeeze. Panel filters aren't too expensive so you could get that after a couple of months.

Similar Thread Suggestions