New Megane Trophy 275 confirmed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
first thought is that it will be north of £30k
but surly its the same as a 265 trophy just get a remap and you have more than 275.
why would Renault not do this remap themselves and have more than 275 beats me?????:innocent:

first thought is that it will be north of £30k
but surly its the same as a 265 trophy just get a remap and you have more than 275.
why would Renault not do this remap themselves and have more than 275 beats me?????:innocent:

I can see it being £30k plus as well, but here's hoping. Been dying to buy a "special edition" car for years, was too young for the older trophy so Im hoping this is easy on the wallet.

Ever since I had a Mountuned Fiesta Ive always wondered why Renault Etc dont do similar for their cars. They would make an absolute bomb, but I agree on the remap point.

Why would you spend 30-35k on this? Thats E92 M3 money and a bloody nice one too considering they start sub 20k now. You'll snatch a competition pack'd car for that money. A Lotus Evora is that kind of money too.

Save a chunk and buy a GT86, 22k new through Broker4Cars/Drive the Deal etc. Spend 3.5k+vat on a Litchfield supercharger if you don't mind a boosted car which obvioulsy you dont considering the Meg.
Hell, whats the price of a M235i? Expect when you factor in residuals the BM would be cheaper on any lease, pcp etc. Even a M135i is that money new. Anything that isn't a fwd Renault for stupid money frankly.
Want limited, whats a E46 CSL go for nowadays? 35k ish? Good investment too so actual captial costs over 5years would be less than the Meg.

Is already a thread about this

Its only the akra and the fact its new that tempts me. Otherwise there no point me spending 30K to drop down BHP to 275 all for the zorst system.

Think its about 31K mark, but not sure if that includes the options for zorst, turinis, suspension etc

Why would you spend 30-35k on this?

Why wouldnt I? People pay what they think things are worth, and if this is £30k I would consider one. It would also probably spend the majority of its life sat in my garage but I would still seriously consider one. My 200 Cost the best part of 11k and Ive done about 400 miles in nearly five months, I could have bought loads of other cars that perform better or are more practical for the mileage i do but I wanted one so got one.

I understand what you're getting at but I think its a little unfair to flippently rubbish off something somebody else would like because, to you, it seems silly.

Yeah saw that thread but that one is in the wrong section :wink:

I wouldn't pay more than 20k for a new Meg personally. It's a hatchback to seat 4 or 5 (not checked), has a blown 4-pot and is fwd. Nothing exciting there. At least a Clio 200 is NA and costs from 8-12k. Brand new at 16k I think they were is not bad value either. The latest gen of Renaults do seem overly pricey?

Agree on the price, only a fool would buy one.

Looks real snazzy though. Thank god its a 3 door, not some scruffy 5 door. Good job Renault on not ruining this like they've done with the Clio.

I wouldn't pay more than 20k for a new Meg personally. It's a hatchback to seat 4 or 5 (not checked), has a blown 4-pot and is fwd. Nothing exciting there.

20K is new clio sort of money is it not? Megs are always more than that, my Trophy used was 20K - but yes, personal opinion and down to the individual what they would spend their money on (not disputing that).

Although I do have do dispute the bit in bold - not just due to the fact I own one. The megane is quite simlpy a fantastic car in my eyes and I'd say thats reflected elsewhere quite commonly too. Has been top of the hothatch market for quick some time now

You've got everything good about the clio - the handling, breaking, chassis etc etc but everyone moans about the NA engine in the clio being rather gutless (hence the more common trend of putting a meg lump in?) and in the meg you dont have that.

Got a nice powerful engine, LSD, plus a seemingly better build quality - put that all together and a brilliant car on both road and track. So I dont think you can really imply its a boring/not exciting?

20K is new clio sort of money is it not? Megs are always more than that, my Trophy used was 20K - but yes, personal opinion and down to the individual what they would spend their money on (not disputing that).

Although I do have do dispute the bit in bold - not just due to the fact I own one. The megane is quite simlpy a fantastic car in my eyes and I'd say thats reflected elsewhere quite commonly too. Has been top of the hothatch market for quick some time now

You've got everything good about the clio - the handling, breaking, chassis etc etc but everyone moans about the NA engine in the clio being rather gutless (hence the more common trend of putting a meg lump in?) and in the meg you dont have that.

Got a nice powerful engine, LSD, plus a seemingly better build quality - put that all together and a brilliant car on both road and track. So I dont think you can really imply its a boring/not exciting?

I agree on the above, the Megane is a special car which puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. I'd comfortably say that it is better than the Clio in every way, although it doesn't give the same racey feel the Clio did..

With reference to the 275, I wouldn't spend £30k of my money on it, absolutely not.. it's nothing to do with it being overpriced, it's 30k for a Renault.... A car is an investment after all and special edition or not, it'll be worth a fraction in a few years.

I think you'd also have to be a hell of a driver or a religious track user to get the best of the Ohlins and the Akra system doesn't really appeal to me personally... The majority of people I know driving 250/265's do a couple of track days a year and have already got maps exceeding 300bhp easily.

Not to say anyone is stupid to buy one, it's personal preference after all.

Upset it isn't as lairy as a r26.r

No cage, perspex windows, carbon bonnet etc.

Still a nice piece of kit though. Hopefully the facelift means 250s will drop slightly and I can finally get one!

Why wouldnt I? People pay what they think things are worth, and if this is £30k I would consider one. It would also probably spend the majority of its life sat in my garage but I would still seriously consider one. My 200 Cost the best part of 11k and Ive done about 400 miles in nearly five months, I could have bought loads of other cars that perform better or are more practical for the mileage i do but I wanted one so got one.

I understand what you're getting at but I think its a little unfair to flippently rubbish off something somebody else would like because, to you, it seems silly.

**** me keep your skirt on :wink:

Well thats my point, an ~11k Clio is a good buy when you factor in performance, realability, praciticality etc, a 30k Meg doesn't really move the game on much,, it's a still a hatch, still fwd, still Renault. Certinaly doesn't move it on to the tune of a 3-fold price increase.

**** me keep your skirt on :wink:.

When I wrote my reply I did think it came across a bit like a moaning bird', It wasnt my intention!!
Was just saying, personally, id be happy paying for this particular Megane. You could knock a few ££ off once my clio was traded as well to be fair.

Yeah saw that thread but that one is in the wrong section :wink:

I wouldn't pay more than 20k for a new Meg personally. It's a hatchback to seat 4 or 5 (not checked), has a blown 4-pot and is fwd. Nothing exciting there. At least a Clio 200 is NA and costs from 8-12k. Brand new at 16k I think they were is not bad value either. The latest gen of Renaults do seem overly pricey?
Well if you only pay £13500 a year ago and now it's worth £13750 that's my Meg not bad eh Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.