New Honda Civic Type R

Yeah I saw a post about this yesterday, I think it looks sexy as hell.

Doesn't really look like a Civic though to be honest... the back does very very slightly but everywhere else looks completely different.

Not a fan of the front tbh, looks like they've just ripped off the front of the Subarus. Knowing Honda, they'll probably dilute the production car like they did with the current CTR

It looks a bit over-styled really imo. It will certainly stand out on the road, not exactly subtle is it! It is better looking than the last-gen though, that was a bit bland.

It just looks a bit too try hard for me. Im all one for a bit of a lary car (mines bright yellow) but thats a bit too much I think. I mean 3 exhausts?

would be nice to have a group of dedicated people to design a good looking car that handles like hell too..
as Chris said..a bit too try hard for me too.. :poke:

I actually prefer the current model. That one looks like it was the winner of a design competition on BarryBoys...

Reactions: DS197
As much as I love Honda Type Rs I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the latest ones. The thing that makes a Type R to me is VTEC and high revs. Both of which were killed off in favor of a 2L turbo lump which is what every man and his dog is going for these days. That's not to say it isn't a capable car, just for me it's lacking that something special which the old ones had.

As much as I love Honda Type Rs I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the latest ones. The thing that makes a Type R to me is VTEC and high revs. Both of which were killed off in favor of a 2L turbo lump which is what every man and his dog is going for these days. That's not to say it isn't a capable car, just for me it's lacking that something special which the old ones had.

Probably can wave goodbye to high revving n/a hot hatches these days, can't see any manufacturer opting for them over the lower emissions better fuel economic, faster turbo cars...

Visually I love it. I think Honda have done a great job on the outside.

I'm not a huge fan of the thought of a drab sounding 2.0T lump either........the Type R name going hand in hand in my head with a screaming n/a engine.

But - as I've said before regarding the MK4 Clio RS: that's progression. Either embrace it - or stay happy in your time-warp (Which I am - currently !).

I personally think it looks great - but i'm all for massive spoilers, wide arches etc.

If i'm buying a hot hatch I want it to scream "I am a hot hatch" there's a lot of cars out there that just seem too tame these days - more like family cars with a bigger engine, Honda are doing it right IMO. Can't comment on the engine - I don't really know what i'm talking about in that department.

I saw the current version in the showroom when my girlfriend bought her car and I must say I loved it, if I was spending that kind of money on a car it would be high up on my list.

I admire Honda for being so bold with the styling - it's the sort of thing you just don't see a lot of these days. Even Ford have calmed the new Focus RS down, in comparison with the mk2.

It does seem to be going the way of very bland styling at the moment though in general - look at the Golf R/GTi, Leon 290, Focus RS - all very watered down, styling-wise, not a big step away from the vanilla models...maybe it's a reflection of what modern society want from their hatchbacks now...

The trouble with The Honda styling is that most people who are likely to be able to afford one will be pushing 30 with kids/family! I'd feel a right w***er driving that now I'm late 30's.
If I'd been low 20's I'd of lost a nut to have one but wouldn't of been able to afford it..

The trouble with The Honda styling is that most people who are likely to be able to afford one will be pushing 30 with kids/family! I'd feel a right w***er driving that now I'm late 30's.
If I'd been low 20's I'd of lost a nut to have one but wouldn't of been able to afford it..

100& agree ^^^^^^

Dont fancy being the oldest boy-racer in town @Ben ?

Reactions: Big Ben

Similar Thread Suggestions