New Entry-Level Clio Cup Series Launched by Renault and BARC.

I'd hope the Renault kit comes with something a bit more "focused " than some sprax coilovers

Just pointing out that you can do it cheaper if you want that kind of kit for a road car

Besides you'd be a bit of tit to run track spec suspension on a road car, it'd be awful, even you should appreciate that.

Just pointing out that you can do it cheaper if you want that kind of kit for a road car

Besides you'd be a bit of tit to run track spec suspension on a road car, it'd be awful, even you should appreciate that.

More awful than a road car with a fire extinguisher , only one seat a harness and a cage ? .....

Having a proper fire extinguisher system in a road car is just suicide.

When you accidentally set those things off its horrific.

More awful than a road car with a fire extinguisher , only one seat a harness and a cage ? .....

Owners personal preference though. A few people mentioned in the thread that they would like the kit without racing.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with a road car with one seat and a fire extinguisher.. Its all about personal taste, some people have fitted a cup spoiler, then removed it, sold it, slaged them off as chavvy then bought and fitted another one but do we care.. No

I've had one of those!!! :thumbup:

Also had no doorcards, headlining, sound dead and had polycarbonate windows. It was immense. Never had to give anyone a lift and had enough room for a spare set of wheels without having to worry about dirtying the interior. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!!! :smiley:

Besides you'd be a bit of tit to run track spec suspension on a road car, it'd be awful, even you should appreciate that.[/QUOTE]

Owners personal preference though. A few people mentioned in the thread that they would like the kit without racing.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with a road car with one seat and a fire extinguisher.. Its all about personal taste, some people have fitted a cup spoiler, then removed it, sold it, slaged them off as chavvy then bought and fitted another one but do we care.. No

Owners preference agreed which is why I don't understand you comment about "even I should appreciate that"

Aaaaannnnnnyyyy way

Lets wait and see what the kit comes with

People can't let things go and start a fresh like adults ...instead in their little gangs bait people to become keyboard warriors and gain some sort of morel Internet superiority . Slowly ruining the forum ...it's not like it used to be. Maybe in 2013 things will be different. We have all made mistakes done and said things we regret but constantly being a **** is wearing thin maybe some acceptance of change would be a good idea

People can't let things go and start a fresh like adults ...instead in their little gangs bait people to become keyboard warriors and gain some sort of morel Internet superiority . Slowly ruining the forum ...it's not like it used to be. Maybe in 2013 things will be different. We have all made mistakes done and said things we regret but constantly being a **** is wearing thin maybe some acceptance of change would be a good idea

We have let things go and acceptance of change as you put it is very evident in a lot of people. No one is taking moral superiority, its all just banter.

Having a proper fire extinguisher system in a road car is just suicide.

When you accidentally set those things off its horrific.

surely you leave the pin in so it cant be set off. Until you hit the track.

I've had one of those!!! :thumbup:

Also had no doorcards, headlining, sound dead and had polycarbonate windows. It was immense. Never had to give anyone a lift ands had enough room for a spare set of wheels without having to worry about dirtying the interior. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!!! :smiley:

Ace ain't it :smile:

Love the noise! Can hear everything

That's what you notice most, how much you noise is actually cut out by the carpet etc., gravel roads are like sitting next to a machine gun!!! :smiley:

You lot wanna try operating a fire extinguisher when theres a fire two foot away

Last thing on your mind is wheres that extinguisher pin and handle, automatic ring pulls and activation are what you want, something you want to have to disengage manually before you climb out is preferable to clean up than the alternative

Last edited:
surely you leave the pin in so it cant be set off. Until you hit the track.

Obviously, but the G55 team I was with last year had one of these go off in the car due to some kind of malfunction in the system.

I wouldn't want to be in the car with it on the road anyway.

Last edited:
I can't see these being the fire extinguisher systems that are in the car though to be honest thinking about it, especially if it isn't going to be used just for road and it is a road car.

It will probably will just have one of those that sit in the car but aren't built into it. As you have to have switches for them outside the car from memory.

Last edited:
Most salon cars including the Clio Cup cars use a electronically operated fire extinguisher system. More often then not they are activated by one of 3 electrical controls, 1 at the base of the windscreen, 1 on the dashboard and one that is usually to the left or right of the driver. Three jets are located in the interior and engine bay (intake & exhaust manifold)

TBF I can't see many of these cars being used on the road, what Renault are pointing out is you can use a road car for the conversion and it will remain road legal.

Last edited: