new brakes needed

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Right after a few scary moments during a few spirited drives im looking to sort out my brakes, the standard brakes are just not up to the way i drive ive been gettin quite a bit brake fade lately which might be down to needing a brake fluid change but while im at it i might aswell get the whole lot done, ive already ordered a set of braided brake lines so now im just after some advice for what disc a pads to go for, i want a decent set up but cant really afford to spend mega bucks on them,

I'd keep the discs standard and go for Carbon Lorraine pads if your willing to put up with the small problems ( squeal, brake dust, chews up discs ).

They bite and stop the car like no other pad i've used before in a car. £300 for the set though...

I'd keep the discs standard and go for Carbon Lorraine pads if your willing to put up with the small problems ( squeal, brake dust, chews up discs ).

They bite and stop the car like no other pad i've used before in a car. £300 for the set though...

yea ive they are good but they are abit too pricey for me atm

I'd get some drilled and grooved discs and some decent pads, like those ferrodo ones or whatever they are. That won't cost too much then. I think having just vented discs on the car when you are going for it isn't enough, look at Porsche brakes, Scooby and Evo brakes, they're all grooved. I know they are more expensive, but I think when it comes to brakes they all get a similar beating don't they.

Speak to Rich. (richandgem) He grooves standard discs, the grooves clean the pads and let gases out quicker.

I'd get a high performance dot4 or any dot5.1 fluid

Pad's I have Ferrodo DS2500 and they are a good compromise between road and track but DS3000 are even better both are fairly priced.

Pagid RS19 if your not worried about cost.

I'd try new grooved disks, a good quality disk though. And then either keep with standard pads or go for Ferodo DS2500's

In my opinion the standard pads are fine, I know several people that do that's of track time on standard brakes. The only problem standard pads tend to have in my experience is that they glaze up if u don't work them often enough. Grooved disks tends to stop that :smile:

Just ordered a set of braided brake hoses and some castrol synthtic brake fluid, I'll see how it brakes after fitting that before I spend bucks on discs and pads