Netbooks.

Bought HP Mini 5101 (FU355EA) this Sunday.

11216-hpmini5101large.jpg

Also bought a 2Gb 800Mhz RAM, put on genuine WIN7 Ultimate x86, Office 2007 Ultimate.

Works great, BUT the only problem that I have is with some WIFI networks - it can locate them but can't connect even if I have the password...:confused1:

That's most likely a driver issue causing the connectivity problems. The base build could be using Microsoft WiFi driver which is not completely stable. It could also be an early manufacturer driver that is not stable. Check in device manager and see what driver is being used for the wireless adaptor. If it's Microsoft then it definately needs updating to the latest manufacturer driver. If it's not Microsoft then it still probably needs updating so go to the manufacturer website and download the latest driver.

When I say manufacturer I mean not HP but whoever makes the Wifi adaptor in the laptop.

That's most likely a driver issue causing the connectivity problems. The base build could be using Microsoft WiFi driver which is not completely stable. It could also be an early manufacturer driver that is not stable. Check in device manager and see what driver is being used for the wireless adaptor. If it's Microsoft then it definately needs updating to the latest manufacturer driver. If it's not Microsoft then it still probably needs updating so go to the manufacturer website and download the latest driver.

When I say manufacturer I mean not HP but whoever makes the Wifi adaptor in the laptop.

It is most probably the driver but if that doesn't work give this a whirl.

See if this helps with the Vista connection issues.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

It's the text in bold you need to type into command prompt.
It has solved quite a few problems for me since Vista came in.
Mainly being able to connect to wireless networks fine and then one day you turn your laptop on and it just wont connect to the wireless. It can see it but wont connect.

Hope this helps. :thumbup1:

It is most probably the driver but if that doesn't work give this a whirl.

See if this helps with the Vista connection issues.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

It's the text in bold you need to type into command prompt.
It has solved quite a few problems for me since Vista came in.
Mainly being able to connect to wireless networks fine and then one day you turn your laptop on and it just wont connect to the wireless. It can see it but wont connect.

Hope this helps. :thumbup1:

LOL...nothing's ever perfect in Windows. I have a Win7 Media PC and am forever discovering bugs and tweaks that I need to do...

These problems can be so frustrating!