Need help as iam new to this and getting a 200 tomorrow!!

I'm the same as paddy. People need to realise that these cars aren't bad on fuel, it's your commute that makes it bad. If your sat in stop start traffic then of course it'll be dire.

My commute is 52 miles a day, averaging 38mpg. Average 50-55mph

Costs around £10 a day roughly. Plus I'm on the beacon roads, so the drive is amazing everyday, just the scenery on its own.

My job is only 10 mins away so the car doesn't even have a chance to warm up on the way there or the way home. I still get 25-27mpg which I don't think is too shabby!

About 33-34mpg motorway.

I drove down the motorway today, took a steady 60 mph on cruise control and I was doing 41.2mpg.

I know you hardly ever do that, but just to show what can be done.

From what you have said in this thread, get the Arden blue VXR. You'll do much better on fuel if you are doing 80 miles per day, for overtaking on the road the turbo will nice as you won't have to keep the car 'on the boil' so to speak.

It's arguably a car that's as capable as the 200 but IMHO its a better real world car. If you want the out and out driving experience, get the 200.

If you want better speakers / stereo, leather recaros, nicer interior, comfier ride etc. etc. get the VXR!

I drove down the motorway today, took a steady 60 mph on cruise control and I was doing 41.2mpg.

I know you hardly ever do that, but just to show what can be done.

Your motorways must be pretty flat or downhill!

The hills up here will stop you getting over 35mpg on the motorway at any speed.