Need help as iam new to this and getting a 200 tomorrow!!

Considering you didn't know what the difference was,
You could take a non cup pack car out, the dealer would say it is one, then you'd believe him.

I only asked if dampers was different .
Only been looking at/ for an rs 200's for 2 weeks .
First views aren't good .
Worn seats and tatty steering wheels so far .

I only asked if dampers was different .
Only been looking at/ for an rs 200's for 2 weeks .
First views aren't good .
Worn seats and tatty steering wheels so far .

Fair play. I guess we are not all blessed with RS knowledge from birth :smile:

Worn seats? Mainly recaros? Common fault unfortunately. Not so much on steering wheels tho, so that's a bit odd.

It's worth holding out for a good un!

why buy this car for a 80 mile a day commute ?

I do 100 in mine and it is tiresome and expensive

That's a little harsh, although each to their own.

It is an expensive car to run and there are better cars for motorway commuting, but I find mine great to drive distances, the only issue being the drone that is caused by the silencer being off the car. Even with the H&R springs it's fine with distances and that's on a mixture of roads.

The only time I think I would dislike the car (haven't tried yet so can't confirm) would be if I was doing a very long trip due to the fuel consumption - although my fuel is covered by my company so hence why I probably don't mind :tongue_smilie:

Deffo not a commuter, luckily I only work about 6 miles away, I wouldn't like to be using at least a tank a week for that and its not the most pleasant motorwaY drive first thing in the morning.
I used to do a similar commute and it was very expensive, but could be fun occasionally.

Cost of fuel is worth it in my mind, planning a 2000 mile plus road trip and it will be great, I love my 200 even with its cup chassis, noisy exhaust and high revs, still makes me smile :smile:

I would have a think About it mate this is not a car to have if your going to do a lot of i miles it will cost you a fortune, if it was me personally I would not be going for a Clio, I would be looking More on the lines of a diesel like an audi a3 etc.

All tho if you do decided to get it these cars are very fun to drive but don't think they are fast of the mark as they arnt they only really come alive at 4000 revs but it will put a smile on your face.
Coming from a 197 owner not sure if the 200 are different

Btw them seats are class making me want to ring Renault and get get some covers

so 80 mile round trip.. how much you guys thinking that will cost each day £££

if you drive it like two cars - for economy below 3500rpm and skipshift gears and use 6th as much as possible...

i get regulalrly in the mid 30s - 32-35mpg i would say!

I have a 40 mile commute (20 each way) on mainly B roads and I'm currently getting 37mpg (or around 440 to a full tank). That's sitting at around 50-55mph in fast moving traffic mostly though.