My UR 200

as i said yesterday the ktec Y-pipe was fitted and was pretty straight forward to get the manifold out , its still on the standard system for the time being so ive been getting deep pops and bangs :smile:

IMG_7311.jpg

that was the hole left after the manifold was removed , not much had to come of the car in means of getting to the manifold,
was simply just a case of taking the front wheels of disconnecting the battery,take every nut of the manifold, undo both drop links and track rods. disconnect the steering coupling in the footwell , support the subframe and undo the 6 subframe bolts and the lower torque link, and lowering the subframe slowly watching out for the lamb sensor cable , disconnect both sensors and remove the heat shield for the started motor and then finally disconnect the manifold from the rest of the exhaust and with a little wiggle of the engine it will come out :thumbup1:

IMG_0270-1.jpg

before when it was first removed

IMG_9180.jpg

and after the welding was done :thumbup1: and its a really good job aswell,
also got the lad to do a weld round the four branches just to be sure .

when the manifold was back in the fit with the standard system was the best ive seen
just need a new clamp because its blowing a tiny bit

didnt take any photos of it fitted and the original system doesnt look very nice !
think a scorpion is on the cards and a trip to rs tunning for a tweak on the map.

x

Good stuff mate. How does it sound with stock exhaust? How does the car feel in general?

This is my next mod for sure, my only worry is the map tweaking and driving all the way up to leeds from London just for that..

Good stuff mate. How does it sound with stock exhaust? How does the car feel in general?

This is my next mod for sure, my only worry is the map tweaking and driving all the way up to leeds from London just for that..

cheers mate

the car seems alot happier now , as it was mapped with a non res scorpion and sports cat before i sold it in febuary (yeah i bought the same car again) so it was feeling very strangled. but sounds throaty on the standard system and chucks some real loud bangs out on gear changes,
if you are running a exhaust system and a map already i dont think it will be that bad on the engine as i plan to put a scorpion back on mine and drive back to rs tunning aswsell ,

little update , havnt really done much with the car as im STILL waiting for a ball joint from renault and also dont really trust them with the adjustable powerflex bushes that i want to fit ,

but on the up , recently fitted a GT spoiler to the car
which im really happy with even though i drilled holes in my car :'(

IMG_4947-1.jpg

the paint match is almost perfect when its next to the car also you can see the extend loom for the brake like in the box

this is the lower section which is needed to suppose the spoiler and also house the windscreen washer

IMG_5457.jpg

There was some faff on fitting the spoiler like :oops:
by that i mean all the tabs on the spoiler and supposer section needed to be took off which was done with a grinder with a 3mm cutting disc
(these 2 pictures are from another website not mine but its what i did)

5-4.jpg

where the black patches are on the spoiler is what has been removed,
if you do this your self you will see why this is done and what needs to be removed

img3481j-1.jpg

the red circles along the support is what was removed for it to be able to sit flush on the car,
from looking at this you can see there is two boot lids for these cars !!

onto the fitting. . . .

IMG_0254.jpg

this is a test fit of the support after the pilot holes had been drilled in the centre of the gap we chose
after being told to make the tea buy @CL10 JAD (jack) i came back to my surprise it was measured and slap bang in the middle of boot lid which i was happen and then let me have the joy of drilling into the car.

IMG_9957-1.jpg

22mm was the number of the night.
from this the holes where enlarged slowly to fit a 11m M8 thread insert into the hole
then i was worried about the gap from old brake light so silicone was applied by my uncle as my tool kit consists of two tools only :smile:

IMG_5890.jpg

from this the support was bolted onto the boot lid and them bonding on with sikaflex (nasty ****)
also the spoiler had a good helping of sikaflex to make sure it was going no where

IMG_5453.jpg

abit of masking tape was put on to make the glue stick instantly and also abit for decoration by my colleagues :smiley:

IMG_4859.jpg

sorry about the finger prints didnt have chance to clean it
anything is possible when you have the right people and the right tools !

Fingers crossed this week the exhaust i have bought from a forum member should be here for the weekend
then we could see some flames :smiley:

also have a large stock of items i keep buying thanks to [MENTION=2156]Springs & Things[/MENTION]
which need to go onto the car which will hopefully happen at the weekend

:uk:

x

Last edited:
thanks for the comments lads :thumbup1:

but hit another brick wall tonight , which has put another stop on things :'(

Went to fit my powerflex ream beam bushes and come across a crack on either side of the torsion bar where the actual bushes are housed, :mellow:

03f6aa31-a93f-48e9-b78f-bd4d1e3bf7be.jpg

d98af746-5547-4b2a-8109-130a9e03e1d9.jpg

as you can see i have highlighted the areas where the cracks are .
i know the cracks are small but i just know they are there now ,
thought about welding it but im not to keen on the idea as its my car :oops:
so its looks like a trip to renault to see if they will give me a new one on warranty,

x