My thoughts on the 200 so far..........

ive felt that more when it pushes on. it actualy seems to help giving it a bit more gas rather than lifting off like you should. the other thing is theres the "renaultsport perfohub" that i thought was similar to the revo knuckle on the focus rs im sure its meant to stop understeer and act like a lsd

just realised im spamming this thread really badly sorry ado

ive felt that more when it pushes on. it actualy seems to help giving it a bit more gas rather than lifting off like you should. the other thing is theres the "renaultsport perfohub" that i thought was similar to the revo knuckle on the focus rs im sure its meant to stop understeer and act like a lsd

Indeed.

"The Clio 200, like the 197 comes with an independent steering axis suspension set-up that Renaultsport has been using on the Megane for a while. Like the much heralded set-up Ford introduced recently on the Focus RS, it is designed to allow the steering axis to operate totally independently of the damping, significantly reducing torque-steer under hard acceleration.
‘We were a bit miffed when Ford came up with the name Revo-Knuckle for the suspension on the Focus RS, as we introduced our system on the Megane RS five years ago but without a catchy name so fewer people have heard about it,’ jokes Steve. In the 200, the set-up has been improved over the 197 with new alloy hub carriers and rose-jointed bushes to replace the top bearings."

Source;
http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=47&i=19901

The ESP is crap on mine! Whenever I go for a quick drive it kicks in a cuts the engine completely and sends the car out of shape! I always turn it off now

Nah. This is a forum so any discussion is welcomed. The way I see it as I don't notice everything so I look at what at others say and try to feel it for myself.

There is still some more adjustments (aka upgrades) to come for the car. When will depends on what I see in the car.

The ESP is crap on mine! Whenever I go for a quick drive it kicks in a cuts the engine completely and sends the car out of shape! I always turn it off now

On my 182 it used to try and send me in to hedge.. on the 200 it just kills the power. Boring.

If you try giving a bit of throttle out of a corner in anything other than a bone dry surface then it'll just kill the power and start kangerooing.

I've never really had a problem with the ESP and ASR on the 197 on track. There was always quite a bit of slip before it'll kick in. I also think I learnt to use it in tandem rather than rely on it when it gets out of hand.

17.5k on my 200 with an ITG and it feels as quick as my old 172 Cup. It sounds immense aswell.

I did 36k in my R27 and the result was exactly the same. 15k is when things really begin to loosen up.

Same problem if you inadvertently get some air while accelerating :smiley:

its not "esp" its the "tc" traction control cutting power

esp - prevents excessive "oversteer" moments in extremes like motorway lane changes - it uses the abs to brake individual wheels to stabilise the situation

its not "esp" its the "tc" traction control cutting power

esp - prevents excessive "oversteer" moments in extremes like motorway lane changes - it uses the abs to brake individual wheels to stabilise the situation
Meh - it's the same button to turn off the Renault nanny state :wink::smiley:

The missing bit seems to be a feeling that makes you feel perfectly connected to the car. I really do wish we could go back to the old style power steering though if it would give more feel.

I forgot to mention the Recaros are worth every £ for me. I used to slide about in the standard seats but these hold you in so much better.

I'd agree with this, the only thing missing. My 172 actually felt a bit more raw. Obviously the new clio is a bigger car with a lot more safety features and what not.

Also my 172 was very loud.

Nice write up! How have you all done so many miles? I've had mine a month now and only done 260 miles!

3000 miles on mine and only got it mid November, not had chance to do any write ups myself as I've been too busy enjoying the car, it's fab! :smiley:

30mpg out of it too which is a nice surprise too!