My story since passing my test July 2009.

Dont mean to be a dick mate but ur whip lash claim that ur chuffed about is one of the main reason insurance premiums are going through the fudging roof

Wheres the 'like' button?

Dont agree with having a new car when 17..... I've earn't the right to own my 197 now at 26, and thus respect it. Being gifted a new car, however you've obtained it, doesn't teach you the right values.

i dont have an issue with the dude getting his cars like that fair play to him, although i do take a lot of pride in the fact that i worked my arse of to get my cup, its just these stupid insurance claims thats really ruining it for everyone else, i mean honestly theres not really that much damage to the fiesta i dont believe for 1 minute that everyone in that car had whip lash, but because its too expensive for insurance companys to contest such a claim they just pay out

Oh i've got no issue with the person getting the cars - I'd certainly take advantage of the situation if I could if I was that age! I just don't think its right!

But yeh, whiplash is BS most of the time!

Certainly now that everyone now knows that they can take advantage of it!

And everyone will keep taking advantage of it. The OP has only done what every one of us would do... HOWEVER, don't come on a public forum bragging about it, especially when I've paid the insurance premiums I have had :worried: I guarantee one of you or your mates didn't actually have anything wrong.

On the other hand, it is very nice car. I bought a 182 the week after my 19th birthday so know what's its like to have a decent/quick car at a young age and it seems you appreciate it (and cars in general).

Imagine crashing on your first day of driving lol

Yeh but at the end of the day with respect you wernt in a head on collision with a jag x-type, the whiplash claim was necessary all 4 of us where hospitalised from the crash, also the police if i was in older more suited car "to a lad who just past his test" one or more of us could have been killed quite easily.

Good little read that and nice choice of cars so far too. :smile:

The Fiesta looks like it took quite a whack there, like you said in a car ten years older that might've been a bit nasty. Those Jags are big cars and I don't blame you for making a claim if you were genuinely not right afterwards, I'd have done the same thing. I think anybody would have. I think the way you worded it is what has rubbed a few people up the wrong way though, but anyway...

Have you any goodies planned for the Clio?

I have tinted the windows since new stereo has been fitted. But eventually I want carbon fibre black badges then take the Clio wording off the back. Renault sport side skirts. And I am thinkin of carbon wrapping the diffuser and the gloss black on the front bumper. But not sure about the wrapping yet :\

Similar to me, man. I have carbon badges and also plan on a genuine carbon fibre or wrapped diffuser. Will look awesome. :wink:

A genuine carbon fibre defusser was £900 on eBay. I'm not botherd about the weight difference and the carbon wrap (if done properly) looks exactly the same.

spending money on weight saving though? you cant just have a few lighter parts, you havto go an extreme but then you end up with half a car, and unless its only used as a track car then theres no point in my book.

I agree... I just use that to justify £700 myself lol. :worried: If the finish is anything like my genuine carbon badges, the finish will be incredible. Twice as good as any non-lacquered wrap.

what was (both) fiesta like to drive, what model/engine you have, i looking at the zetec s tdi as a possible downgrade.

Similar Thread Suggestions