200: Clio History?

Discussion in 'Clio General Chat' started by 200FF, Jul 8, 2018.

1. 200FF

200FF Paid Member

Car:
    MK3 Clio 200
    Hi everyone. I have recently purchased a Clio 200. Registration MX59WZN.
    It is my first 200 but I have previously owned a 182 FF and a 182 Trophy.

I love the way the car drives but I am disappointed in the performance even in comparison to my previous Clio 182's it just feels quite flat and seems to take a long time to rev out. It also knocks when accelerating in 1st gear and a little in 2nd gear.

I would just like to know if anyone on the forum knows about the vehicle or if there have been previous threads featuring this car?

Having done some digging myself I believe it may have a Toyosport manifold (perhaps explains the knocking) a mid pipe with a sports cat and a standard back box. But I can't be sure what parts it has as any modifications aren't detailed in it's history just the servicing and service items.

Any information anyone may have would be a great help.

Thanks

2. kmxgoon

kmxgoon Paid Member

Car:
    182 and 200
    The 182s definitely feel like they have more torture probably down to them carrying less weight. The 200s do have to be reved hard to get them shifting aswell. About the knocking it could be on standard mounts still, Powerflex mounts cured mine

3. Doogle

Doogle Winner - POTM March 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    BMW e46 330cd
    It may feel flat if the decat hasnt been mapped in, these are a bit flat compared to the 182s and they really dont start kicking in until 3k+ A bit of weight saving, a few mods and a good service certainly helps, depending on the model removing some of the stock tool kit (engine hoist mounts) and the ISOfix bar will save 5kg+ straight off the bat, 200 Cup alloys are 1kg lighter per alloy than the 197 alloys and Speedlines, etc. These are a bit more mature than the 182s and 172s, both in terms of looks, interior and middle aged spread!