My RB Clio 200 (Australian spec Cup Trophee)

After waiting four months, I picked up my Renault Sport Clio 200 Cup Trophee on Saturday. Some photos I took from my phone.

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

Last edited:
great choice mate.
what's the road surface like in oz?
how much do they sell for over there?

Road surface: varies from good to terrible, the good is mostly freeway roads.
cost: the retail cost of the 200 Cup Trophee delivered and registered is A$43,000. Not cheap due to low volumes and within a couple of thousand dollars of a Golf GTI.

I have lived in Aus for a couple of years in my past, i absolutely love the country!
Your well into your motor sport too. I found the roads there much better than those in the UK on the whole.

I have converted $43,000 AUD at today's conversion rate, its just over £25,200 GBP.

The colour does look quite dark in the pics but the light is different in Aus; maybe cuz they have no Ozone layer but also because they actually have sunshine; colours do look more vibrant.
Its a fantastic looking car mate and you'll certainly be individual in it, there can't be many in the country?

Enjoy!!!!

Last edited:
thats sexual mate. loving picture 3 really makes the car look how it should look . . . stunning

Wow!!!!!!!!

Stunner, and I see that the cruise control is not where it is in Europe too!!!!!

haha i bet you get some weird looks from the locals in Aus in that last time i went peaugot were just being introduced over there and people were like "crikey Wheres france" :tongueout: ....chop off the back window and there you go clio YEWT!!!!!!!!!.....may not handle aswell but it'll fit in:wink:......very very nice motor mate!!!!

The colour does look quite dark in the pics but the light is different in Aus; maybe cuz they have no Ozone layer but also because they actually have sunshine;

Think the Ozone layer's been sorted but you're right about the sunshine :wink:

Its a fantastic looking car mate and you'll certainly be individual in it, there can't be many in the country?

Enjoy!!!!

Agreed, it looks great! Will be seeing it in the flesh this weekend at the RenaultSport Oz National Meet and can't wait. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the arrival of my Liquid Yellow 200 in the same spec (ordered in April FFS!).

Just sold the red 197 so will be attending in the Black 172 track beast.

Think the Ozone layer's been sorted but you're right about the sunshine :wink:

Agreed, it looks great! Will be seeing it in the flesh this weekend at the RenaultSport Oz National Meet and can't wait. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the arrival of my Liquid Yellow 200 in the same spec (ordered in April FFS!).

Just sold the red 197 so will be attending in the Black 172 track beast.

Crikey Nath, how many cars do you have? Would love to see a photo showing all of your collection. :drool:
So i wonder what the difference in spec is between UK and AUS cars, do you know?
There are some great roads up the Sunshine coast round Noosa, lovely new Bitumen roads!
When i lived up there i had to settle for a Ford Falcon, 4 litre beast but the Clio would have been much more fun.
Plus if the Ozone is repaired how come its still 60 degrees?! LOL

Crikey Nath, how many cars do you have? Would love to see a photo showing all of your collection. :drool:
So i wonder what the difference in spec is between UK and AUS cars, do you know?

Nah, it's not a huge collection, just happens to be all RS Clio's! I will soon have a LY 200 Cup and the Black phase 2 172 which I have had since new (2002) and now use for club competition. :smile:

Difference between UK and AUS cars is that we have 2 main choices (there are limited options as well). Basically all are cup spec with the base one being what you would call a FF with cup spec. The other version, which the OP has and I am getting, is called a "Trophee" which is a FF with cup spec plus anthracite bumper/diffuser plus recaro's plus Raider wheels (anthracite in the detail) plus keyless go and carbon look stuff on the dash.

Recaro's are not an option on the base cup so if you want them you basically have to get the Trophee.

As someone else posted above, they are a bit more expensive than over your way unfortunately.

Nah, it's not a huge collection, just happens to be all RS Clio's! I will soon have a LY 200 Cup and the Black phase 2 172 which I have had since new (2002) and now use for club competition. :smile:

Difference between UK and AUS cars is that we have 2 main choices (there are limited options as well). Basically all are cup spec with the base one being what you would call a FF with cup spec. The other version, which the OP has and I am getting, is called a "Trophee" which is a FF with cup spec plus anthracite bumper/diffuser plus recaro's plus Raider wheels (anthracite in the detail) plus keyless go and carbon look stuff on the dash.

Recaro's are not an option on the base cup so if you want them you basically have to get the Trophee.

As someone else posted above, they are a bit more expensive than over your way unfortunately.

I see thanks for clarifying. So you gonna send us a photo of the family then.
Hang on, who's the Blue one in this thread for then..?

As someone who regularly exports to Australia (furniture and lighting), would it not be an option to source a car from the UK and import it? I know there would be warranty issues but is there any other reason? You can obviously source parts.

I see thanks for clarifying. So you gonna send us a photo of the family then.
Hang on, who's the Blue one in this thread for then..?

As someone who regularly exports to Australia (furniture and lighting), would it not be an option to source a car from the UK and import it? I know there would be warranty issues but is there any other reason? You can obviously source parts.

Sorry, I kinda hi-jacked this thread - OP owns the Blue one (which I did see in the flesh on Saturday and it looks great).

As for importing cars it's not feasible - really strict rules over here. A real shame cause it would be great to be able to import a V6.

Will post a new thread with pics of my various past and present Clio's once the new one arrives :smile: