My new 200 cup in Mercury Silver

Looking good mate.

Notice any more power in this clio to your old r27?

Umm yeah it definately pulls better at low revs, does feel a bit faster when you floor it and it sounds way better for some reason! Like, it's clearly the same car, but it does feel a little better in most ways and I don't know if it's me but it does seem noticeably less prone to understeer

Umm yeah it definately pulls better at low revs, does feel a bit faster when you floor it and it sounds way better for some reason! Like, it's clearly the same car, but it does feel a little better in most ways and I don't know if it's me but it does seem noticeably less prone to understeer

From what I've heard about 200's and there dyno figures I thought that might be the case. Would like to know what renault done to the engine just to give it that little bit more.

From what I've heard about 200's and there dyno figures I thought that might be the case. Would like to know what renault done to the engine just to give it that little bit more.

Yeah it's got 20% more torque at lower revs, I think they messed with the ECU and changed the cylinder heads a bit or something.

Yeah it's got 20% more torque at lower revs, I think they messed with the ECU and changed the cylinder heads a bit or something.

Ahh you could be right, don't think the maps just been tweaked as you don't see many remapped 197 with the figures 200 normally have haha I could be wrong though.

I think renault done ok with the 200 even though the changes are minuet they'd made enough of a difference.

Got my new headlights fitted :smiley:
Fitted them last night at a mates, drove home and realised the levelling motor wasn't connected (ok, I didn't realise, I just got confused. Some helpful people on here realised)
Re-did the job today at my work when my boss went... Working at a garage has it perks!
I also noticed when doing the job that the last owner has fitted a cone filter! So that'sss why the induction noise is soooo good!

j9q1sp.jpg

dp9zk7.jpg

s4tkl5.jpg

3585hly.jpg

:thumbup:

Surely you would have noticed the induction kit when buying the car?

Didn't check the engine bay, call me an idiot! I bought it from g'gow so once I was there I couldn't just say I don't want the car, so I commited the cardinal sin of crossing my fingers and hoping for no nasty suprises!

Count yourself lucky it doesn't have any problems because you wouldn't have a clue if you'd bought yourself a car with a blown head gasket.

Crazy fooooooool.

Count yourself lucky it doesn't have any problems because you wouldn't have a clue if you'd bought yourself a car with a blown head gasket.

Crazy fooooooool.

I wouldn't have known even if I'd checked, but I gave the car a good drive before I bought it, I was 350 miles from home and it was a very good price so I was happy, and there's no issues bar a full brake service (working at a garage it will only cost me £400 or so) so it's all good

I wouldn't have known even if I'd checked, but I gave the car a good drive before I bought it, I was 350 miles from home and it was a very good price so I was happy, and there's no issues bar a full brake service (working at a garage it will only cost me £400 or so) so it's all good

Happy days so far then :smile:

Cup spoiler and 64mm TB

Finally got my cup spoiler sorted. Got the bodyshop to do the tips in gloss black, although unfortunately they wouldn't sand them smooth first.
Also, recieved my 64mm TB, the ECU is still adjusting but I'm pretty sure it gets through the revs quicker!
I'm getting towards happy with how it's looking now, if you have any suggestions along the lines of a silver/black theme, its always appreciated!
After reading a thread last night I've decided I have to get myself an RS monitor next. Think how 'cool' my friends will think I am. 'Look I can get 1g round a corner, mmmmm'..... Or even worse 'hey guys, check out my split times'... How to lose friends and alienate people, right?!

s3o4k5.jpg

20hx0s6.jpg

zj7xmu.jpg

34461qa.jpg

1c4rd.jpg

30wktoo.jpg

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions