My Little Clio!

Ryan.21

Platinum Member
Hey everyone! :smile:

Im Ryan 22 from scotland and I love this car :smile:

Thought about making this thread so many times and now that some parts have been bought and ideas are racing through my mind its time this project kicks off.

So this is only my second car i had a blue clio 1.5dci before hand.

Here she is young Dawn (Only picture I took of her!)....
Dawn.jpg

Was coming to the end of my time with Dawn and was looking all over Evens Halshaw, Arnold Clark etc etc.
May 2013 I found a red Clio 197 but missed out on it by a couple of hours ...... gutted!!

But then .... my black 197 came up a week later and I was in the showroom putting down a deposit before the car made it to the showroom! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

After a long delay fighting with the company .... telling me I shouldnt have a rear wiper :@ I finally got my car complete with black alloys (as requested free ofcourse) and a full tank of V-Power!

Here she is the day I picked her up....
20130601_141257.jpg

And one of the many trips on the A9 ....
20130707_205500.jpg

Uncle informed me of his purchase of snow foam and i was like dibs....
20130715_155804.jpg

To be continued.....

Continued

Left the camera alone for a bit then was parked next to a beach and decided it was a good oppertunity (Galaxy S3 camera)

Baby.jpg

20130809_204534.jpg

That horrible yellow sticker is gone!
20130809_204554.jpg

So many ideas!!

TBC....

So I was cleaning the car and as my Mrs mum has some wierd and wonderful stuff I found a black bumper restorer and it done just the job.... also on the side of the windscreen as they were looking rather dull and grey this has turned them back to black which is what I want I want everything BLACK!!

20130904_133135.jpg20130904_133145.jpg

After cleaning the car I headed home and to my delight this was lying behind my door :smile:

20130904_162601.jpg

Lanyard is on my keys and tax disc holder is on my car :smile: have some plans for the stickers but not to sure as of yet!

Car has also had Clio removed :smile: looks so much better.

To Do :

H&R 30/40 are on route!
Windows Tinted
Diamonds and Renault Sport to be sprayed ... Matt Grey! so they stick out just a little!
Stubby Arial
Callipers .... BLACK
RS Mats

And then maby I might leave the visual alone ..... MABY

More pics to follow soon enough....

Nothing worse than an Arnold Clark sticker :smile: looking good and always love to see a car covered in snow foam haha

Always love a black 197, do like the idea of gloss black calipers. what dya reckon for the colour of the brembo sticker?

Sorry to disappoint but going for the dark and dangerous so its gonna be grey again haha although if I dont like the grey other colours are available :smile:

Direct quote from Direct Line website think an angry phone call may be in order! Not impressed if they stand in my way I think I might just cry!

No, we will not provide cover for cars that have have been modified or altered in anyway (including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine). The only exception to this is if your car has been fitted with a towbar.

Everyone get there fingers crossed that they agree to my mods!

Direct quote from Direct Line website think an angry phone call may be in order! Not impressed if they stand in my way I think I might just cry!

No, we will not provide cover for cars that have have been modified or altered in anyway (including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine). The only exception to this is if your car has been fitted with a towbar.

Ryan try Greenlight in the traders section of the forum. A lot of people here use them and declare their mods at not a lot extra.

That's standard practice for Direct line which I'm gutted with. The few mods I've done to mine I've kept quiet and I'm going to have to swap in a months time to someone else!
Car looks lovely, I don't understand the black calipers but each to their own. Looking forward to seeing some pics when it's finished!