My Glacier White 197 Progress Thread

Hi, Im Jase, im 20 and from Chesterfield. 8)

Just got my new 197, picked it up yesterday afternoon and i bloody love it! Its so much better than what i thought it would be. Hands down beats the VXR in my opinion, the only faults i have with it is that it has no bottom end, but thats due to it being non-turbo. So is expected really.

Planned Mods..

Black Headlights
Gloss Black Vinyl Sunstrip
Gloss Black Vinyl Roof
Gloss Black Rear Diffuser
Gloss Black Wing Mirrors
KW V1 Coilovers
Gloss Black/White dash inserts
Remap
ITG Pannel Filter.

..And whatever i can think of. haha.

Heres a few pictures of the white beast. Rate/Slate!

4403178287_07a5228129.jpg
4403176899_8930359231.jpg
4403940820_9e6a69fc45.jpg
4403175139_62deb84879.jpg
4403939384_a1954956a5.jpg
4402183968_b7ae807c2a.jpg

Last edited:
5* Mate!!! I love the Glacier White that is my second choice of colour! I would have to get the calipers done in white to match, also the interior strips in white rather than black! Cant wait to see the roof in black - that should be very cool!!!

I think its amazing!

5* Mate!!! I love the Glacier White that is my second choice of colour! I would have to get the calipers done in white to match, also the interior strips in white rather than black! Cant wait to see the roof in black - that should be very cool!!!

I think its amazing!

Cheers dude! Im gonna do some kind of photoshop on the interior and see what looks best, white or black, still undecided.

Roof will also need some kind of photoshop, still halfandhalf on that too, probably something that will get done though.

Think the headlight change plan with suit it very well

Yea, it needs to be done to add some blackness to the front end. Its a bit chromey/white at the mo. It'll be one of my first mods.

lol on the first 2 posts,

looks great mate love the G/W. 8)

Haha, cheers man. :smile:

Cheers dude! Im gonna do some kind of photoshop on the interior and see what looks best, white or black, still undecided.

Roof will also need some kind of photoshop, still halfandhalf on that too, probably something that will get done though.

Im pretty sure there is a company that does the r27 roof and you can have it in black, could be a bit of a compromise?! About £30 iirc

Lovely car mate.

Get an ITG panel filter and then take it to RS Tuning for custom remap.

Upgrade the lights to the projectors and get some H1 HID's from Kev and you'll be looking perfect.

Happy motoring :smile:

Im pretty sure there is a company that does the r27 roof and you can have it in black, could be a bit of a compromise?! About £30 iirc

Ahh, might look into that. Im only going to get it vinyl wrapped so i can take it off anytime i want, incase it gets damaged, or i don't like it anymore.

Lovely car mate.

Get an ITG panel filter and then take it to RS Tuning for custom remap.

Upgrade the lights to the projectors and get some H1 HID's from Kev and you'll be looking perfect.

Happy motoring :smile:

Thanks for the pointers, might look into a filter.

What gains/noise do you get? Are RS Tuning the ones in leeds?

Ahh, might look into that. Im only going to get it vinyl wrapped so i can take it off anytime i want, incase it gets damaged, or i don't like it anymore.

Thanks for the pointers, might look into a filter.

What gains/noise do you get? Are RS Tuning the ones in leeds?

Definately get the panel filter mate, it will give you more punch and make it more responsive. I've had them on my 197 and 200 and it makes a difference.

The gains are not great but the custom map with the panel filter should get you more torque lower down and it'll help get rid of flat spots.

If you've got a few hundrew quid it's worth doing :smile:

Definately get the panel filter mate, it will give you more punch and make it more responsive. I've had them on my 197 and 200 and it makes a difference.

The gains are not great but the custom map with the panel filter should get you more torque lower down and it'll help get rid of flat spots.

If you've got a few hundrew quid it's worth doing :smile:

Really? Something im going to have to look into then. Where can you get them from?

I'll have some spare cash next month, after the insurance company has finished bending me over for the £2,000 I've got to pay them.. :worried: :lol:

Really? Something im going to have to look into then. Where can you get them from?

I'll have some spare cash next month, after the insurance company has finished bending me over for the £2,000 I've got to pay them.. :worried: :lol:

www.k-tecracing.com

About 40 quid I think

You may also be able to get your ECU flashed with an update that gives you some increased torque lower down. It can be done under warranty by Renault.

Depends on the age of your car as to whether it came with it from the factory. It sounds to me like yours didn't as the update does map the power alot better :smile:

£48, bargin! I'll get one in a few weeks. :smile:

I'll have to nip down to Renault then, the brakes are a bit dodgy anyway (they travel a bit before the brakes are actually applied) Not sure if this is a clio thing though?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

car looks really nice mate, It it were me I wouldnt bother with the sunstrip but the rest of the mods sound nice. I hate the RS front splitter aswell looks way too fast & furious for my liking especially on a nice understated car like the clio.

If you get the panel filter let me know what you think, might get one myself..

car looks really nice mate, It it were me I wouldnt bother with the sunstrip but the rest of the mods sound nice. I hate the RS front splitter aswell looks way too fast & furious for my liking especially on a nice understated car like the clio.

If you get the panel filter let me know what you think, might get one myself..

Thanks dude, Im gonna put the sunstrip on and then see what it looks like. Compared to my Corsa D it feels like im driving a greenhouse, lol. If it looks pants ill just rip it back off again.

Yea, im not really a fan of the front spoiler, but it was on the car and they are a pain to get rid of. Its not toooo bad though, i can live with it.