My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

picked the wrong time of year for them tyres mate, hurry up and get the coilovers sorted!!

Needs to be on decent rubber for Autosport mate, besides they have a 'B' rating in the wet and that's pretty good.

Did last winter on the RSR's and they held up very well surprisingly.

Needs to be on decent rubber for Autosport mate, besides they have a 'B' rating in the wet and that's pretty good.

Did last winter on the RSR's and they held up very well surprisingly.

RSR's i would say are more of a fast road tyre, that is very underated. let me know how u get on with them tho.

Are the Goodyear eagle f1's loads more expensive? Just wondered if you'd considered them. (I know you've already got your new rubber now but was just curious about your decision)

I chose them because there are some fantastic reviews of them. I have it on good authority that they can hold their own on track with the big boys so a no brainer for the cost tbh.

Read one review that claimed 2 seconds a lap over the F1's and from what others have said I'm inclined to take the punt.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/NS2R.htm

Last edited:
Got the tyres on today and first impressions are very good even in the wet.

Was going to put the sticky ones in the rear but ended up putting then on the front.

When you say the sticky one, did you choose the 2 two compounds? A soft pair and medium pair compound?

My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - 330mm disks fitted

Are you running them mike how do the edges doing as your running a lot more Bhp than me

To be honest that has never been an issue kev, car takes the power easily with no drama. Even on track I get pretty even wear, as long as u keep on top of tyre pressure u should never have an issue mate.

Yes I'm running them as well mate.

We deliberated whether to put the soft on the back or the front for some time. MikeLY's presentation as to why we should put the softs on the front won the debate.

Softs on the front seems the best

My reasoning for the soft on the rears was that because when on the limit the rear gets twitchy before the front washes out, having sticky on the rear would settle it down more. Mikes argument was that in the wet conditions we have at the moment I'd get more benefit from soft on the front.

Just bought pfc mag. Well done on the feature. A nice read that and the Clio looks great! Congratulation!

Just got the roof wrapped in gloss black and a custom designed sunstrip.

Very pleased with the results, unfortunately the crappy phone pictures don't do it justice.

20131216_152008_zps5jcoy66k.jpg

20131216_153735_zpsg1uvtkob.jpg

20131216_155535_zpsx5pq3uoy.jpg

20131216_155551_zpsagkzf3ou.jpg