My Clio 200: Nurburgring Update

I've not been on here for a while but I thought I'd drop in for those still on here that I know (probably about four of you)

The 200's knocking on 40k miles now and completed a trip to the Nurburgring last year. The car was faultless, I hammered it there and back, it lapped the Nordschleife every day I was there, harassed STIs and the odd Porsche dawdling along... Until 180 miles from home, near Watford and the clutch slave cylinder shat itself. Greaaaaaat. All sorted now, regardless.

Late last year I did a full detail, so snowfoam, clay, machine polished, machine glazed and then sealed and waxed. All with Zymol and AF products.

I've thought about replacing it with a few things lately, namely an E46 M3, and S2000 or DC5, but doing this road trip and how it performed on track was brilliant. It might have bought itself more time!

Chris

IMG_0927_zpsd4pxmyyx.jpg

IMG_0925_zpsq1tyffc4.jpg

IMG_0922_zpszoq06y3g.jpg

IMG_0907_zpsc2kytrhp.jpg

IMG_0904_zpsunsayhfz.jpg

IMG_6170_zps2us4qhza.jpg

Good to hear you're sticking with the 200 for now :thumbsup: glad you enjoyed the Nurburgring trip but you must have been fuming with the breakdown! Car looks great, tidy example!

Glad your keeping it! Seeing this last year made me get the 25mm spacers!

Last edited:
Cheers guys. It was faultless in Europe so I guess I had to be thankful that it let go in the UK and not on the Ring!

25mm spacers really fill it out IMO. I love the way it looks.

Next mods are: Akrapovic exhaust and strip the rear with a cover carpet & luggage netting. Winter project.