My car does Fighter Jet impressions

Noticed this again today, it happened a few days ago. I pull onto my drive, wack the stop button and a noise that sounds like a jet engine shutting down (I was going to attempt to explain it but don't think I can, its like a humming that gets quieter and lower in pitch). Sounded ledge lol!

Was just wondering if anyone else has heard it or what it is, not bothered about it, thinks its quite good lol.

It's the cooling fan and pump shutting down mate alot of cars do it

LMAO I have always loved this noise too. It is great when I pop it in the garage when I am home sounds amazing!!

hahaa i need to clear my garage out and hear it in there now lol!

The noise is a must on my future car... may have to be an S5 to make sure

if you have the air con on or the climate control it will be the cooling fan running at low speed to keep the air-con condenser cool

try it - have the air-con/climate switched off then when the engine is running switch it on and listen for the cooling fan running at slow speed :foxspeed:

the power steering pump only works on demand and is an electric motor

if you have the air con on or the climate control it will be the cooling fan running at low speed to keep the air-con condenser cool

try it - have the air-con/climate switched off then when the engine is running switch it on and listen for the cooling fan running at slow speed :foxspeed:

the power steering pump only works on demand and is an electric motor

So to get this noise everytime i shut the car down i need to have a/c running whilst its on? :wiz:

I was going to say it's the a/c, I think i know the noise you are on about and I have it on mine only when the a/c is/has been on.

Mine also sounds like that when I turn off the car. Hahaha! Din't think its a problem until the a/c compressor died. :tongueout:

I noticed this type of noise on mine today whilst driving.

Took me a while to figure out what it was but as soon as i switched the climate off (i turned the fan down to totally off and I think that stops the pump) the noise went away.

If i then turned the climate back on again the noise didnt come back, at least for a while.

It seemed to resume at certain engine revs and blower settings if thats possible.

Foxspeed, is the cooling fan you mentioned the blower fan or something different?

The noise does not seem to be the actual blower, something in the background.

Thanks. (seems this is another common "characteristic")......

I noticed this type of noise on mine today whilst driving.

Took me a while to figure out what it was but as soon as i switched the climate off (i turned the fan down to totally off and I think that stops the pump) the noise went away.

If i then turned the climate back on again the noise didnt come back, at least for a while.

It seemed to resume at certain engine revs and blower settings if thats possible.

Foxspeed, is the cooling fan you mentioned the blower fan or something different?

The noise does not seem to be the actual blower, something in the background.

Thanks. (seems this is another common "characteristic")......

the air-con condensor (heat exchanger) is mounted in front of the engine radiator - when the air-con is on the engine fan (mounted behind the cars radiator in the engine bay) runs at low speed to keep the condensor cool and stop any extra heat increasing the engine temperature - the engine cooling fan is controlled by the engine ecu :thumbup1: