Does anyone know this car?

Hi guys,

Was looking to buy a clio in march but spotted this on Facebook. Is it a member here? Its a red 197 with plate VN06 HRZ. Seems to tick a lot of boxes for me, but just seems really cheap

Advert reads

ABSOLUTE BARGAIN

2006 clio sport 197
88'000 miles
Hpi clear
With some choice mods..

Recent belt change with proof. and near full service history (missing a couple stamps from 2010-13.

All book work is present/full V5/Mot/Service book etc.

MOT November 2017

Mods are as follows..

Miltek non res cat back
Clio 200 rear diffuser
Clio 200 alloys with matching contis all round
Clio 200 wing mirrors
Clio cup spoiler
AKRAPOVIC carbon exhaust tips
Itg induction kit
Windows deflectors
LED fog lights
Front conards

Great factory spec and a fantastic drive.

There is a car park scratch on the rear bumper and a small whole in the drivers seat.
The car also needs a ball joint which I can have done for £150

I've priced the car to sell.

Buyer will not be disappointed.

£2750 or £2900 with ball joint.

Is it the Red one from Solihull?
If so it's been for sale on there a while, i'm sure someone on here tried to buy the Oz wheels he had on it before (he sold them separately).
I cannot tell you about condition, but it was more than £1k more expensive a while back.

Yes that's the one. Tried to upload a pic but it said image to big . May have to wait till I am at a PC later but that is the location of the car

Yeah not great, like I said I don't know the person, he hasn't said his side of things, so could be easier if you go and see the car and him.
Where are you located? Is it a long way away from you?

Oh so a bit of a distance! Give him a call and ask as many questions beforehand, i'm not a million miles away if you need another set of eyes (I am quite new to the Renault world, so not the most expertised person for them lol).

Oh Christ, not him, total nightmare trying to buy those OZ's! @///M :tearsofjoy:
Pics didn't look too good on Facebook, I know I would have avoided that car!

Reactions: suj
Thanks for the offer mate really appreciate it. I have messaged him but the alarm bells are already sounding from what you two are saying here

Cheers for the shout @Micah

I have a feeling the car has sold. Nothing personal against Matthew at all, other than he gave Micah his email address to pass on to me, I mailed him and heard nothing, so then I joined Facebook to try and get in touch with him that way and he blocked me. Rude kid basically from what I can see.

Wheels sold at a lot less than what I'd have paid for them so he just did himself out of some money for christmas...

Regarding the car (IF it's still for sale, good luck getting an answer!) "ABSOLUTE BARGAIN" read's like "please buy my s**tter" to me, plus there's 3 years of servicing missing and it currently needs work. Having holes in the seats would be an indication of how it's been treated to me too...

Plenty of cars to choose from mate, take your time and find the right one.

Mileage too high for that price. Tonnes of receipts from a Drive-Thru McDonalds?

Going back to 'our mate' Matt, that 197 also had stickers on it. Anything with stickers that isn't an R27, I'd avoid.

Bide your time and find something that has been respectfully owned - feel free post as much on here as you like, and tag away for a quick response, we're happy to help :smile:

Yeah totally understand.

I seen this:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/renault/renault-clio-sport-197/1209976860

Looks a good spec, mileage is a bit high, pics are crap and no mention of service history (says "tonnes of receipts with the car" but no actual mention of specifics).

At that price you could be getting something with MUCH lower miles. You'd just have to do without the mods and the Recaros. The Recaros are great, there's no denying that but the rest of the mods are all for pose value, they don't really add much to the car other than noise and slightly better looks.

My advice is get something with much less miles from trade so you have a bit of warrantee and build it up yourself. A car with miles that high could have a fair few bills hiding round the corner.

Step up to £4-£4.5k and you're looking at less than 50,000 miles.

At that price you could be getting something with MUCH lower miles. You'd just have to do without the mods and the Recaros. The Recaros are great, there's no denying that but the rest of the mods are all for pose value, they don't really add much to the car other than noise and slightly better looks.

My advice is get something with much less miles from trade so you have a bit of warrantee and build it up yourself. A car with miles that high could have a fair few bills hiding round the corner.

Step up to £4-£4.5k and you're looking at less than 50,000 miles.

Agreed, mileage is high, yeah mods are subjective to some people, but if they plan to do them later on, could save in the long-run as such.

I am with you both, take your time and find the right one :smile:

Reactions: ///M
I saw this, this morning and I'm sure its a different person now selling the car, and that alone would ring alarm bells to me.
but after a quick look now I cant see any of the new adverts for it.

just seems strange to sell it so soon if he has only just brought it off of the Mathew lad.

Thanks for the info guys. Think it will be best to stay away from this one then by the sounds of it. I am not after one until march/april its just this one ticked every box for me apart from the recarros and I liked the price. But I guess there is a reason its so cheap. Thanks for your help. I am still looking every day on the bay etc and just gauging what I can get when the time comes

Reactions: skippy93