My 197 F1 Made 219 BHP :-)

Well i have a pants flat spot between 2-3k which will be mapped out when i get round to taking it back :thumbup1:

Just wondered what the next move is :lol:

where you get it rolling road at mate, because to be honest mate, your car wont be no where near that unless running cams/exhausr and remap.

that would explain alot, lol. i would of thought with figures like that and the fact it cammed/decatted that it would of already been decatted. you had both cats out?

i think the only way of getting rid of the flat spot would be a standalone ecu, as remapping will help but it wont get rid of the flatspot. very suprised it isnt running a map now or does it need more tweeks. who fitted the cams and decats

Last edited:
i think the only way of getting rid of the flat spot would be a standalone ecu, as remapping will help but it wont get rid of the flatspot. very suprised it isnt running a map now or does it need more tweeks. who fitted the cams and decats

it has been mapped

from experience remapping again wont make it any better as in sense they will be doing whats already been done. saying that paul at RS tuning up leeds recons he can map most of it out. but ive yet to see a car thats had a the flatspot mapped out. mines running standard cat/sportcats and been mapped and the flatspot is still there. it seems to mapped out then after a few miles the ecu adapts to the new map and bam its back.

funny you should say that as mine was mapped out last week (well 90% of it lol) but im starting to notice it again, its not bad but it is noticeable

from experience remapping again wont make it any better as in sense they will be doing whats already been done. saying that paul at RS tuning up leeds recons he can map most of it out. but ive yet to see a car thats had a the flatspot mapped out. mines running standard cat/sportcats and been mapped and the flatspot is still there. it seems to mapped out then after a few miles the ecu adapts to the new map and bam its back.

Yeah thats what happened to mine, dont get mne wrong its still very drivable but when at 2200 in second and toe down its farts lol

Ktec must have found another standard Clio running 200bhp pre map lol.

Do you have a before figure on that particular dyno?

I had a bad flat spot 2500-3000 when fitted a K-tec cat back with the all the cats in place,had a Remap at RS tuning in may and carnt say its come back feels spot on:thumbsup:

Sounds like a nice strong engine!

Nice work.

As for your question as where to go next.... Throttle bodies!! :smile: