mpg figure

did a quick check on mine....

42.84ltrs = 9.42g (trip said it had used 10g) i brimmed the tank both times
313miles

so = 33.22mpg and that includes the malton/east coast blast out :lol:

Mpg

Hi everyone,

I've been monitoring what MPG I've been doing in the 197 recently. My situation is this - I drive a Vauxhall Astra CDTI all week as a company car, Clio for the weekends.

I probably put £30 in the Clio every weekend and use that to potter about, see the family etc.

I've noticed that I do not average anything over 27mpg, and this is worrying for a car advertised 4 years ago to reach 31 combined.

I'd just like to know what everyone else is reaching in their 197's? And without being a complete boring so and so, what tips you have for perhaps getting better MPG?

-Sam

This is normal mate. Same rules apply really, just smooth on acceleration, braking etc. There ok on a run, ive managed 412 out of a tank before.

lol erm, put it this way, standard the 197 is eco compared lol! Not bothered looking i just fill it. But to be fair its my play toy, it gets pasted everywhere. Cams destroy mpg as well, dropped by 6 mpg when i had them fiitted. Only trouble with NA when u tune it. Oh well it makes me :smile:

i thought I was bad when I seen this figure pop up from doing numerous short runs...but it's relatively economical compared to some of you lads

Attachments

• IMG01780-20120406-2044.jpg
    IMG01780-20120406-2044.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 22
Mpg

whats the best gear to drive at 30mph saving fuel we all know the 197 likes to drink so hows the best way to save some fuel , so far ive got 34mpg driving at 30mph in 6th driving on a busy road with lights every 2 mins :|

sat on the motorway at the weekend for a couple of hours at 80mph, and it averaged out at about 30mpg.... pretty poor i feel

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17