More power....!!

Hey people!
I was thinking of selling up! There's not enough performance parts out there for the 197 and i dont really want to do too much to it because it's too much of a nice car to pull about and play with imo!

So im thinking of getting a 172 cup or 182 and putting a ktec turbo or ITB's on it!
BUT...i cant choose what i'd rather have out of the 2 :S

Is it worth doing? And would i be 'downgrading' if i got a 172 cup/182 :\ :S ???

What's peoples views on turbo'in these cars or ITBs on them? Give both views if you can :smile:

Thanks alot!, Reece..

If you just want ppppooowwwerrrrr then a turbo would be the way to go.

It would be a downgrade, the interiors aren't as nice, they don't have as much space and the chassis is obviously a step back.

ITBs/cams wouldn't give as much power but are less likely to blow up.

You can get ITBs for the 197/200, might be better than swapping to a 1*2

Yeah but you have to compromise with loosing traction control, speed limiter and cruize control...Also..i took the 197 on track not long ago and i just didnt want to push it as hard as it could go! Im just worried that if i whack it or put it on its roof then thats it! Where as the price of 1*2s i could just go out and get another shell for a cheap price and put the engine back in it again if something bad was to happen...
Also parts seem sooo expensive for the 197! :worried:

If you just want ppppooowwwerrrrr then a turbo would be the way to go.

It would be a downgrade, the interiors aren't as nice, they don't have as much space and the chassis is obviously a step back.

ITBs/cams wouldn't give as much power but are less likely to blow up.

Well i was going to strip it out anyway and put buckets seats in there...I couldnt justify doing that to the 197..and the chassis are good on these i thought :\ - nothing that a set of coilovers could sort out tho ??

If you get road insurance with the right company (Greenlight) you can extend the policy for a trackday for about £50 each day.

There are times I've wished I had an extra ~50hp but it's nice that the chassis is too good for the power as it means it's difficult to get into any major trouble (unless you drive like a complete mong on cold tyres, I did that once and never again :smiley: ).

Short answer, no :smile:.

You seem to like the 197 given you say it's a nice car, why not spend the money on enjoying it more. Do some track days, visit the ring.

Buying/Converting a 182 to either ITBs or FI will end up costing more than what you'd sell the 197 for most likely.

Last edited: