more bhp or torque

I'm sure this has been asked before...

I going for a remap (200T) should I go for more bhp of torque?

(approx from what I have read)
standard : 197 bhp & 240 nm

rs tuning : 231 bhp & 345 nm or
superchip (bluefin) : 243 bhp & 311 nm
both healthy increases & pretty much the same price, but which one?

my feeling is more torque, plus personal remap, not just generic

any suggestions?

would really need to see the power curve to make an informed decision, but from the figures i would guess that the RS tuning map has a higher boost spike that tails off more to the rev limiter, this would make it punchier in the mid range so would probably be my choice

I'll upload mine later for you!

The thing with RS Tuning is, it is mapped on the rolling road so more custom to your car instead of just a plug in box which is more of a generic map.

Also my 200T only made 190bhp standard so if yours was to run nearer 200bhp you could see 240bhp with the RS Tuning map.

Edit: Just found it on the RS Tuning Facebook page...

10708787_806721682703627_6413299932154458494_o.jpg

My car is going into Airtec for a new Intercooler in the new year so hopefully will see some more power with that and a few other things :smile:

Last edited:
A crying shame that Renault don't offer an official upgrade for the car! Bet there would be a fair few takers if they did...

A crying shame that Renault don't offer an official upgrade for the car! Bet there would be a fair few takers if they did...

Maybe they will with the new Nismo Juke RS and perhaps the Clio after? The new Nismo RS has 215bhp..

Maybe they will with the new Nismo Juke RS and perhaps the Clio after? The new Nismo RS has 215bhp..

Be nice to think that they might. But my guess is that they will save any power hikes etc. for something like a Gordini special edition. Quite happy to be proved wrong though :jump1:

I'll upload mine later for you!

The thing with RS Tuning is, it is mapped on the rolling road so more custom to your car instead of just a plug in box which is more of a generic map.

Also my 200T only made 190bhp standard so if yours was to run nearer 200bhp you could see 240bhp with the RS Tuning map.

Edit: Just found it on the RS Tuning Facebook page...

View attachment 10961

My car is going into Airtec for a new Intercooler in the new year so hopefully will see some more power with that and a few other things :smile:

thanks for that.
excuse my ignorance, looking at the after curves, it seems that the power & torque are pretty much constant across the rev range ?

Wait for me! I'm getting a few bits fitted in January then I'll need my car mapped again so I could come up with you, I'm in Surrey so fairly close.

Wait for me! I'm getting a few bits fitted in January then I'll need my car mapped again so I could come up with you, I'm in Surrey so fairly close.

that would be good, the only problem is that i have family near leeds (1hr away) which I would see at the same time.
(go up friday after work and stay over, see paul on the saturday)

on another note, do you have the rs monitor, if so did you record a 0-62 time prior / after the remap

that would be good, the only problem is that i have family near leeds (1hr away) which I would see at the same time.
(go up friday after work and stay over, see paul on the saturday)

on another note, do you have the rs monitor, if so did you record a 0-62 time prior / after the remap

It's the only option my car doesn't have as it wasn't an option when the car was built. They only added it to later models which is a shame.

Ah okay, fair enough.

thats a shame, be interesting to see what the times were with launch control

Yeah, there was a gadget in a group buy not so long ago which times everything like that, showed power ect, which is on my to buy list for the new year too.

Edit - Just bought one lol.

Last edited:
Must be able to add the rs monitor? Surely it's just a different loom, if the connections aren't already there?

Must be able to add the rs monitor? Surely it's just a different loom, if the connections aren't already there?

Someone on here looked into it before and apparently needs loads of new sensors ect which is too much of a big job.

Thats all I'm going by, havent asked myself. Bought that TurboGauge now anyway which has the same and more than the RS Monitor although the R-Link Monitor looks really good..

2013-renault-clio-rs200-turbo-6.jpg

renault-clio-rs-focus-rs-monitor20-03.jpg

RSMonitor20maj2.jpg

Last edited:
an engine produces torque which is calculated to give you hp/bhp etc!!!

I know you get bhp from torque, but I was wondering what is better bhp or torque, I suppose more torque leads to more bhp?
but not looking at the figures previously quoted in my first post?