Montreal Grand Prix

Loved the race - the last part.

I was raging at the TV in parts for some of the silly steward decisions. They seem to be handing out penalties for even the smallest racing incident now.

Lewis seems to be having another Singapore/Monza phase this year. But Button has shown some real talent again - I was wondering where it had got to!

i was shouting at timo glock for not getting out buttons way before th last safty car!

What a race!!! It's complete opposite to last year. Last year the races were a bit boring but the chamionship was exciting.....whereas this year the championship is looking a bit boring but the races are some of the best ive seen in along time! :smile:

Been told by a friend that button is cleared from the alonso and hamilton accidents, definite win for button then!

It might just be me but i get the feeling that if it had been hamilton instead of button, hamilton would have been penilised and had the win taken away?!

That news is strange because the mclaren boss was on BBC saying he knows lewis definitely wants to stay at mclaren

Best race I've ever seen.

Incredible drive by Jenson and, to be fair, Schumi was damn good too. Weber and Kobayashi deserve praise too, there was some very fair and clean driving on display. Jenson is The Dampmeister. People will look back in 20 years time and talk about that race. :smile:

tbh i am abit sad that schumi didnt get on the podum, would be been awsome, he was turning back the years driving in the wet and was always known as the rainmister and proved it yet again

What a race!!! It's complete opposite to last year. Last year the races were a bit boring but the chamionship was exciting.....whereas this year the championship is looking a bit boring but the races are some of the best ive seen in along time! :smile:

Tbf, last years Canadian GP was bloody awesome also.

As much as I love the style of driving Lewis brings to a GP, the lesson learnt from this GP must be that you can't win it in the first corner. He just needs a tad more restraint. Lets hope Valencia is better for him!

And Hamilton had a meeting with Red Bull this weekend...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92327

totally agree - but he needs to be in a "winning" car - but given the changes in 2012 and beyond.....would red bull be the best team.....i wonder!

It might just be me but i get the feeling that if it had been hamilton instead of button, hamilton would have been penilised and had the win taken away?!

me 2

also think Hami could of won if button hadn't of put him in the wall.
Was a really good race anyway.

totally agree - but he needs to be in a "winning" car - but given the changes in 2012 and beyond.....would red bull be the best team.....i wonder!

Exactly! I'd imagine that the top teams should be in similar positions, but what's to stop Williams, Force India or the others doing a 'Brawn'. McLaren was a prime example of a top team getting it wrong with the 2009 rule changes, but their sheer size meant they were back by mid season.

We'll find out in the next month whether they will move to the 1.6 engines come 2013 or if it's delayed. But with KERS becoming ERS and increasing in size and power and a possible move to 18" wheels, they'll be lots for the designers to think about and no doubt a few loop holes to exploit early on.

Best race I have seen in years... FACT!!!

TBH I was thinking that Button was going to lose the victory, I don't really think it is a dislike of Hamilton, more McLaren in general. I think that Hamilton is a great driver, better than most of the others, he is the quickest over a race distance but some of the overtakes aren't 'measured'. One interesting fact they came out with on Sunday was that Hamilton has performed 10% of the overtakes this season - out of 24 drivers, he is going to have his share of accidents.

I have to say that there needs to be more awareness from other drivers when Schumacher passed Hamilton in Monte Carlo, he saw it coming and they didn't crash, Hamilton attempts the same and Massa closes the door on him (that would have been aracing incident if Massa hadn't crashed out, but that was because he was off line...)

Button had the drive of his life though! Nobody ever goes 21st to 1st!!!

TBH, after all that rain went, it was a good race, probably the best I have seen. They're not all like that though are they?!

it was a good race but a few have forgot when hamilton on home soil lapped practically the entire field to win the british gp :tongueout:roud:

Similar Thread Suggestions