Megane R26

I must be a sucker for punishment, buying a turbocharged French shed in black....

After px'ing my FF 197 on Monday evening, I took ownership of my 3rd French shed - a 2008 RenaultSport Megane R26 in deep black.

Specs are :

The usual R26 bits including :

- ATB Limited Slip Differential
- Cup Chassis
- Brembo 4 pots with drilled discs
- Recaro front seats
- Along with lux pack (full leather interior, auto dim mirror, auto wipers and lights)
- Black pack (wheels and mirrors sprayed black)

Totally standard, 1 owner car from new with FRSH.

Here are a few sh*t low light level photos :

8094401605_594f25cf84_c.jpg
DSC_0095 by DEAF N1NJA, on Flickr

8094399693_6ee60a11f7_c.jpg
DSC_0100 by DEAF N1NJA, on Flickr

8094397463_eb471a84d3_c.jpg
DSC_0106 by DEAF N1NJA, on Flickr

This will be more a journal of sorts.

First small list of things to do :

- Double Din headunit
- Lamin-x the headlights (with subtle tint)
- Black wheel bolt covers
- Remove the centre silencer and backboxes (for pops and bangs, but keep the OEM look)
- LED interior lights and numberplate light
- LED sidelights
- Silvatec indicators all round
- Order some Lake Country CCS pads so I can achieve close to 100% paintwork correction.

Anthony.

Last edited:
Looks in top condition. Good find that being standard, do you mind me asking how much you paid?

Was it destickered from new? Or did the previous owner remove them?

Unsure tbh, can't see any residue marks to confirm either way.

I think i'll de-sticker the remaining wing stickers, along with the 'MEGANE' badge.

Dreading buying tyres for it - just as well it's got pretty much brand new Michelin Pilot Sports all round.

Yeah not the cheapest for tyres £150 a corner for the ps3s, £165 for the ps2s that they were originally supplied with

2B879233-5850-4C3A-B961-CA368A482397-3555-0000054EE33651AA.gif

Thats from my service book, for whatever reason they are the same as the 200s

Good choice. My girlfriend has one and it's always a joy to drive.

How are you going to fit a double din head unit? I assume you remove the old one and the little storage cubby hole too?

How are you going to fit a double din head unit? I assume you remove the old one and the little storage cubby hole too?

Yeah, you have to remove the bottom cubby hole and cut out the support bar that goes across