megane 250 conversion

Anything's possible, but given the weight of a 200 (and the hideous front end looks) I'd question the sanity of anyone that bothered.

This is still an option for me. The front suspension\engine mounts are the same. The question is why to date is there only one?

I'm presuming you'd need to take the ECU from the megane or have some form of ECU to run the engine from? I'm sure there must be some complication that makes it tricky to do, not to mention a lot of people are probably still a bit reluctant to start taking out a perfectly good engine.

Would you need to swap the gearbox as well? Would have thought the 250 engine would kill a Clio gearbox in no time.

I think I heard someone say the gearbox was the problem, doesn't fit in the clio shell. Might be wrong though, it's a vague memory!

This is still an option for me. The front suspension\engine mounts are the same. The question is why to date is there only one?

I'm refering to the the meg 225 conversion. Lots of threads on here but still to date the only sucessfull one on youtube...!!!!!

I think someone has put a megane gearbox in a 197. so should be similar for a 200
cant remember exactly where I read that thread though.

I spoke to Fred about this conversion. He says the mechanicals are not much of a problem...it's the electricals that would take the time iirc

~300 hours of work to get the 225 engine into a 200... what will a garage charge for 300 hours of work?