Megane 250 Conversion Clio Raider

anthonymayow

Platinum Member
Posted this in the member forum, but wanted to post a actual thread in the project section that I can update.

Member from cliosport.net forum, don't post a huge amount but will be starting to go to some meets and shows once car is completed.

Currently a owner of a Clio 200 Raider, purchase a barely used RS250 engine, ready to go into my raider. Talking with Josh Cook who is fitting it for me, spec will be as close to this as I can:

- RS250 Engine, 250 gearbox (with quaife diff)
- 3" Custom Tubular Titanium Exhaust
- Mapped by RS-Tuning
- Stage 2 K-Tec Hybird Turbo (Once car is settled)
- 630cc Injectors (with Hybird)
- 330mm Big Brake Setup

Exterior is currently undergoing the change already and is being done by Simon @ Spray Shack:
- Gloss Black Front Splitter
- Flat Gloss Black Cup Side Skirts
- Gloss Black Cup Wing
- Matt Black Interior Dash Trims

Having some profession photos done soon by @danieljenkins_photo on Instagram.

So expect a slow but a,among progress, ill be doing things properly!

Any ideas let me know :smile:IMG_0091.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sean197
Ooh looking forward to this. How are you getting the 250 gearbox to fix? As far as I knew you had to use a 225 gearbox?

I love Raiders, in fact if Renault hadn't changed the top mounts I would have px mine for one ages ago. More pics please..

Looking forward to the progress, I'd love to know how you are thinking to fit the megane 250 box. As far as I'm aware these are too big?

EDIT. Just read Sean's comment about the box lol

Ooh looking forward to this. How are you getting the 250 gearbox to fix? As far as I knew you had to use a 225 gearbox?

So did I, but josh said it would fit no problem. So just trusting him currently he will be the one fitting it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Raiders, in fact if Renault hadn't changed the top mounts I would have px mine for one ages ago. More pics please..

Looking forward to the progress, I'd love to know how you are thinking to fit the megane 250 box. As far as I'm aware these are too big?

EDIT. Just read Sean's comment about the box lol

Changed the top mounts? Something I wasn't aware of?

Will get some pictures up soon! Waiting for the photoshoot!

Yeah just replied to that haha!

Yes, from the second half of 2010 Renault changed the style of the top mounts, the newer cars have small ones which makes it impossible to adjust the camber.

Yes, from the second half of 2010 Renault changed the style of the top mounts, the newer cars have small ones which makes it impossible to adjust the camber.

Oh dear! Haven't played with that yet, been quite happy with how it handles but not been on a track yet! Coil-overs it is...?

Yeah as above..didn't know you could fit a 250 gearbox in..will be interesting to hear what Josh has to say..good luck nevertheless

Reactions: anthonymayow
Well RIP cup spoiler dream... I've heard that the boot underneath my "lip" is different to the normal 200? So you can't just remove the "lip" and respray the underneath:worried: unless anyone else has different experiences

Well RIP cup spoiler dream... I've heard that the boot underneath my "lip" is different to the normal 200? So you can't just remove the "lip" and respray the underneath:worried: unless anyone else has different experiences

There seems to be some debate over this. Some have said the GT spoiler (which I think the Raiders come with from the factory) needs a different boot lid, while others say no, the GT spoiler just has a mount which fits onto the boot lid then the spoiler bolts to that. From what I've read, you if you want to retro-fit the GT spoiler, the mount fits where the standard brake light goes, then the spoiler bolts to that. So I would have though if this is the case then the reverse must also be true?

There seems to be some debate over this. Some have said the GT spoiler (which I think the Raiders come with from the factory) needs a different boot lid, while others say no, the GT spoiler just has a mount which fits onto the boot lid then the spoiler bolts to that. From what I've read, you if you want to retro-fit the GT spoiler, the mount fits where the standard brake light goes, then the spoiler bolts to that. So I would have though if this is the case then the reverse must also be true?

That's what I thought, I can't see Renault using 2 boots? Waste of money for them to redesign surely? I thought if I take the gt spoiler bit off, I will be just as if their is no lip? It looks like metal underneath I think.. Assuming there is a place for the brake light to?

That's what I thought, I can't see Renault using 2 boots? Waste of money for them to redesign surely? I thought if I take the gt spoiler bit off, I will be just as if their is no lip? It looks like metal underneath I think.. Assuming there is a place for the brake light to?

you'd think so. Maybe fire an email to Renault UK? At least we'd have definitive answer!

Why would Renault make it so difficult? First I've heard of this issue..

Unsure of the reason behind it but they made the bolt pattern and the hole in the centre of the strut tops smaller half way through the 2010. Luckily mine is an early 2010 so I've got adjustable top mounts with 2.2 degrees of camber at the moment. The later ones require some modifications.

You have to change a boot lid to go from GT spoiler to Cup spoiler for sure. Been there, done that.
youve done the change? so you couldnt just rip spoiler off and put standard lip on with cup spoiler?

or maybe would the sprint spoiler fit onto mine if i remove the gt one?

edit: just seen the sprint one still needs the standard boot with light underneath.

people with standard clio lip, is the light in the chassis or is there a plastic piece bonded onto it and the light sits in there?

Last edited:
youve done the change? so you couldnt just rip spoiler off and put standard lip on with cup spoiler?

or maybe would the sprint spoiler fit onto mine if i remove the gt one?

edit: just seen the sprint one still needs the standard boot with light underneath.

people with standard clio lip, is the light in the chassis or is there a plastic piece bonded onto it and the light sits in there?
yes I've changed the boot lid