Mechanical engineering jobs

Iv just been made redundant from my job as an engineer in the British army, I'm a fitter and have an nvq level 3 in mechanical engineering maintainence. I have experience with, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, generators and power generation, water treatment, engines, plant machinery and fuel instillations.

Does anyone know of any companies that will be taking people on between now and the end of the year that would be a great help to me. I'm from the midlands but willing to work anywhere in the country if its a good enough job

Do your survival and go offshore

Lots of people working offshore at the moment without a clue as companies can't get men.

With your experience you will have no problem getting a start but they will be reluctant to pay your survival if you haven't been offshore before. It's about £650

if you dont want off shore then theres been plenty of jobs come up on my searches with your skills set in manufacturing and power generation! seems to have been a lift in demand...

oh and sorry about the redundancy especially from the army as they were advertising for jobs a few weeks back....madness sheer madness:swear:

Cheers people, I applied for redundency anyway, was wanting to get out in the next year or 2 so this has worked out well for me, just need to get applying for a lot of jobs but as I won't be out until around December it's quite hard to get one line up at the moment

Do your survival and go offshore

Lots of people working offshore at the moment without a clue as companies can't get men.

With your experience you will have no problem getting a start but they will be reluctant to pay your survival if you haven't been offshore before. It's about £650

Offshore survival training 650 quid?! BOISET and MIST is like 3 grand mate..

Hello

I know both Jaguar/landrover and astonmartin are both after maintenance engineers at the moment, JLr after quite a few people on many different sites all types of trades required you can apply direct to them on there own website, though from what i've heard its quicker to apply through agency's, sorry don't know agency names.
Astonmartin you have to apply through agency not sure who the agency's are but I can have a look for and get back to you.

Hope that helps.:smile:

Cheers people, I applied for redundency anyway, was wanting to get out in the next year or 2 so this has worked out well for me, just need to get applying for a lot of jobs but as I won't be out until around December it's quite hard to get one line up at the moment

well if you wanted to go thats fine then....not like some of us that were forced to "volunteer" :argue:

Blackpool & the Flyd College
www.blackpool.ac.uk

BOSIET - Basic Off Shore Safety Induction & Emergency Training is £810 and takes 3 days

MIST - Minimum Industry Safety Training is £395 and takes 2 days

You also need an off shore medical certificate