Max Power (BHP)

Hey everyone,

First time ive posted on this site. Im a member of cliosport.net but i find this site much more in keeping with the car i have.

Ive an alien green clio 200. Im basically looking to get a little more from the engine so im doing lots of research to what can be done.

So far tho its not much.

I was wanting to ask everyone if they know what the maximum BHP someone has gotten from either a 197 or 200?

I just wanted to ask after last night i saw a website for the corsa VXR and some mods they could do to get the car over 300BHP! thats a bit much isnt it?

cheers everyone

Mike

Remember vxr's are turbocharged, the clio is NA so power potential is very limited and IMHO tuning for power is futile.improve the chassis and enjoy the a/b roads and track,if straightline speed is your thing then I would say get a different car as without super/turbocharger you won't get any significant gains

This is my thinking yes. I was just curious as to how the corsa VXR could get so much power, but your right i have to remember this is a NA engine. This is only my second NA car ive ever had.

It may be slightly childish but i guess all im after is atleast keeping up close with the Focus RS one of my mates has. I know on the a/b roads i can keep up but i was hoping for a bit more poke out of it.

Im just waiting to see what the turbo will be like that K-tec racing are producing. Until then im simply thinking a set of recaros and a few minor mods will be in order.

Cheers

This is my thinking yes. I was just curious as to how the corsa VXR could get so much power, but your right i have to remember this is a NA engine. This is only my second NA car ive ever had.

It may be slightly childish but i guess all im after is atleast keeping up close with the Focus RS one of my mates has. I know on the a/b roads i can keep up but i was hoping for a bit more poke out of it.

Im just waiting to see what the turbo will be like that K-tec racing are producing. Until then im simply thinking a set of recaros and a few minor mods will be in order.

Cheers

Should of got a focus rs then. :blink:

Dont take this the wrong way, dont bother with the turbo kit if you want to go faster buy a another car

your end up spending ££££ when the same money could of purchased a better car.

The focus rs fairly quick car.

Last edited:
Not at all,I come from a similar background, mainly highpower forced induction and went through the same as you!but the simple fact is short of super/ turbocharging it just isn't possible. I wouldn't recommend any power mods as you will more than likely upset the finely tuned factory balance. Weight saving and
Chassis mods is where I would put my money!

is the only way to get big power is a turbo/supercharger conversion, but this wont be cheap.

The other option is new cams, maybe a decat. The only 197 I've seen make a "genuine" 200+ bhp was Kev's and e spent a lot of money on it. Saying that it did go like stink lol

Getting more power from the 197/200 is an expensive game I'm afraid and from what I've read and heard it can be a bit of a nightmare to do

i have to disagree about buying another car . . . .. no car on the road handles like a coiled 197 the balance from the manfacturer of power is rubbish anyway. ram it with mods and keep ureself smiling

agree with you there mate!! Im not fussed about money i throw/will throw at it!

yeah well its supped 7 grand of mine so far on mods so no point in stopping now. lmao

lol might as well! I know there are better cars/ faster etc. But something about the 197 thats so much fun!!!! And has road presence like nothing in its class imo! Not everyone will agree but i love mine, plus i intend on keeping it till all the panels fall off so migt as well enjoy it!!

Def not mate, all that hard work and effort wasted then!!

yeah i know if u look in my engine work thread ull see my future plans

I would say keep the car as there is no other car (minus a megane) that can do the cornering as well. I would say go for the KW V3 kit and ATB transmission, upgraded brakes. This should sort you out for the KTEC turbo kit which comes out some time soon

lmao and u wont be able to eat or drink for a few months cus ure car will have cost u too much modifying