Matt’s (non-Clio but still really good!) Car Fun

Discussion in 'Other Marques' started by Matt Scarbro, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Matt Scarbro

Matt Scarbro Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 200
    Can’t wait to find out! I’m expecting great things! :grin:
    Like your friends, I have nothing but praise for the Zeta and CRD coilovers they make, I have Zeta Pros on the red mk1 and CRD+ on the white one!

ABFD7A8D-A38D-45DF-859A-7516F8EBE2C3.jpeg

The camber adjustment is a massive plus too as camber plates are rather costly for these current gen BMWs and I’m hopeful a couple of degrees will really improve the car!

AD55CB2E-F6A7-4170-899F-18B4063CFD81.jpeg

Beany and suj like this.

2. Matt Scarbro

Matt Scarbro Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 200
    The other big piece of the jigsaw is now in hand, a Quaife diff to make it a proper drivers car!

733678F4-778F-4FBA-8150-06664E387F47.jpeg

Chosen over the Drexler-made M Performance item purely on availability and cost, there appears to be nothing to choose between them.
    It should feel very similar to the ‘Torsen’ diffs fitted to MX5s that I’m so used to.

I had hoped to swap to a shorter final drive at the same time as the ATB installation, however I’ve found no one outside of Spain (!) that has the know how to code the car properly once installed. Having driven the car more, I’m also wondering how beneficial the shorter FD would be. With 8 cogs to choose from, things are fairly tight as they are!!

Anyhow, diff goes in and suspension goes on next sunday, I’m hoping for one hell of a transformation!!

Big Ben, Sean197 and suj like this.