Massive brake bias

Hello all,

Been out of the country for the last 6 months and took my car for its MOT the other day, failed on the brake bias which was a massive 46%. I stripped the brakes and gave them a good clean but this doesn't seem to have solved it, you can feel when I brake that the drivers side of the car wants to keep going, any ideas on how to sort this? Was thinking new pads.

Cheers,

Ben

if the pads are free to move - have you checked the pistons all push back easily?

if they are give the brakes a bleed - then try it?

It would seem logical that if the cars been standing for 6 months the caliper pistons could seize. I'd investigate this firstly.

Yeah my initial thought was that the piston might have seized from the long period of standing but checked yesterday and all ok.

the inside of the discs are prone to corrosion....

maybe worth a new set of pads - or swap a pad over from each side and see if that evens the brakes out if you cant afford new pads

Yeah front axle. When I checked the pads yesterday the drivers side did have a shine to them like they'd overheated but I roughed up which improved it slightly but not enough, so now thinking new pads.

Go for it then. Not sure how much Renault charge these days for a set of pads? A ludicrous amount no doubt.

Yeah not a bad price. I bear good reviews about those pads over on CS although have no specific experience myself.

Love how the garage doing the MOT has just called and said I need a new caliper because the piston has seized, he sounded mighty embarrassed when I said that's funny I wound it back in yesterday!